88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
A friend of mine from TN is the guy who bought the truck. So far he likes it. I told him the NV4500 would be more fun. He posted a bunch of pics from the road trip coming home. Got a cool pic with Rushmore.

You must be registered for see images attach
get him on here plznthx

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Silver dog? Should be the silver stallion!
The Silver Shih Tzu
The Silver Pomski lol
Uh, no.

Now that's just selfish :crazy:
Well one set left with the Black Fox, the others are going on the 06.

Is he on the forum?
If not he needs to be;
get him on here plznthx
That is totally up to him, TBH.

A friend of mine from TN is the guy who bought the truck. So far he likes it. I told him the NV4500 would be more fun. He posted a bunch of pics from the road trip coming home. Got a cool pic with Rushmore.

You must be registered for see images attach
He sent me that photo too. Sounded like his trip went well and he's enjoying the truck, glad the crazy deal worked out.

DanteGTZ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I'm on here. I heard about the Black Fox from a guy on Facebook when I posted a "searching for" message on one of the 88-98 truck pages.

I found this thread in early December, went through all ~148 pages and then sent Dave a message. These days it seems like a lot of people do a lot of talking but very little follow through so I'm pretty sure he thought I was nuts when I said I was in Tennessee and interested in his truck in Washington. :) It took a decent amount of planning and prep to get the deal done. I've bought a fair amount of vehicles out of state (even one in Canada) and I was impressed with the amount of photographs and detail that Dave included.

All in all, the trip took us 5 days from start to finish, about 2600 miles. No major issues and all went fairly smooth. Spent over $550 in fuel but that was to be expected. Even after airfare, fuel, food and lodging it was still less expensive than having it shipped.

The truck feels almost new on the inside. It definitely doesn't feel like a 21 year old truck in the cab. A testament to Dave's hard work, for sure.

The truck will serve as the tow rig for our travel trailer, cargo trailer and flatbed when needed. Plans for the truck are small at the moment, as most of what I would have wanted to do was already done. Ultimately it may end up with a Cummins swap when the ~8-9mpg becomes unbearable. I've actually done 2 Cummins swaps in GMT400 trucks before and they seem to turn out really nice. One of the reasons I went back to an older truck after having many newer ones (diesels included) was simplicity. The simpler, the better, at least for my purposes.

I'll be around the forum time to time. Rest assured, the truck is in good hands.

Thanks,
Brian

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yup, I'm on here. I heard about the Black Fox from a guy on Facebook when I posted a "searching for" message on one of the 88-98 truck pages.

I found this thread in early December, went through all ~148 pages and then sent Dave a message. These days it seems like a lot of people do a lot of talking but very little follow through so I'm pretty sure he thought I was nuts when I said I was in Tennessee and interested in his truck in Washington. :) It took a decent amount of planning and prep to get the deal done. I've bought a fair amount of vehicles out of state (even one in Canada) and I was impressed with the amount of photographs and detail that Dave included.

All in all, the trip took us 5 days from start to finish, about 2600 miles. No major issues and all went fairly smooth. Spent over $550 in fuel but that was to be expected. Even after airfare, fuel, food and lodging it was still less expensive than having it shipped.

The truck feels almost new on the inside. It definitely doesn't feel like a 21 year old truck in the cab. A testament to Dave's hard work, for sure.

The truck will serve as the tow rig for our travel trailer, cargo trailer and flatbed when needed. Plans for the truck are small at the moment, as most of what I would have wanted to do was already done. Ultimately it may end up with a Cummins swap when the ~8-9mpg becomes unbearable. I've actually done 2 Cummins swaps in GMT400 trucks before and they seem to turn out really nice. One of the reasons I went back to an older truck after having many newer ones (diesels included) was simplicity. The simpler, the better, at least for my purposes.

I'll be around the forum time to time. Rest assured, the truck is in good hands.

Thanks,
Brian
Dont be a stranger, a picture every now and then would be cool too

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma

Thanks,
Brian
I didn't quite think you were nuts, because I would probably have done something similar! I honestly figured someone would pick it up that wasn't local, since it would have been a pretty unique sale. I will say, it was the longest but easiest sale I've ever had, partly due to me having to take time to prep it and partly just the back and forth and figuring things out. I'm glad it all worked out and went smoothly. And glad that it went to someone who will actually enjoy the truck and not just start throwing lumber and **** in the bed and destroying it or something silly.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
HAHA I have but, I don't care for Coors. I'm a Rainier or Miller Lite kinda guy.

Also, The "Silver Dog" name kinda goes with the sticker on the back window, which has yet to be revealed.

A friend used to have a silver and black AMC Concord that he called the Silver Donkey.