88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanteGTZ

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
88GMCTRUCK, I sent you a message about the 3500. I'm currently in the market.

Last edited:

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you start a new thread about the duramax. I don’t want to miss anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yeah mine was way farther gone, but in my defense I did catch it very soon after buying the truck. Couldn't hear it over the belt chirp with the belts on. I rolled in new bearings as insurance. Surprisingly few had any shavings embedded.
Yeah, I was so in tune with that truck after everything I've done to it, so it was easy to know something was wrong.

Will this be the silver fox? 13 mpg vs 7mpg that’s crazy. And that’s stock wait till you open it up a little and let it breath.
One day it will be.

I doubt it lol

I thought i saw you mention skylark or someone helped you get a second set. I think those or some alcoas would look great on the nameless new truck
I do have a second set of the welds, they are polished up and waiting for me to find a deal on tires.

Also the name of the new truck is "Silver Dog"

I wish you were closer! I'd try and acquire a set of rims off of ya for my 91 dually. That's a good looking wheel!
Not looking to sell any of them, lol.

I wish I were closer, I would like to come take a look at taking it off your hands.
Well, it's not available anymore.

Did you start a new thread about the duramax. I don’t want to miss anything
Not yet, I will one day.

---------------

So since I've been silent for two months.....

Holidays happened. Work. The usual.

I actually had someone pointed my direction and worked with him for about 1.5 months while prepping the truck for sale, and figuring out financials, travel dates, etc. So long story short, I pulled a few items off it, did one large ass hell of a detail job, and sold it on 1/31/2019 at just 181,000 miles. Picked up the new owner at the airport, and the truck headed east.

This truck took me many places, and honestly was a part of me. It gave me many challenges in my ownership, but it also gave me a bunch of happiness too. I wish I could have justified keeping it, but it is just not possible at this point in my life. Here are two of the last photos I took of the truck after driving it to work the day before it's sale.
You must be registered for see images attach

Long live the Black Fox.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for an update!

After awhile of searching, I found another Lund Coldfront that fits this truck. I've had one on my 88 for years now, and it's great in the winter. Warms up faster. These have been discontinued awhile now, glad to have found it. new in box.

I was wondering what they were called. I found a set in the j/y a few months back, they weren't damaged so I grabbed them. But the Lund set that I found was more of flat black vs your glossy set & it also has a bunch of small holes in it. I couldn't find anything about them, so I assumed that they were discontinued.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I was wondering what they were called. I found a set in the j/y a few months back, they weren't damaged so I grabbed them. But the Lund set that I found was more of flat black vs your glossy set & it also has a bunch of small holes in it. I couldn't find anything about them, so I assumed that they were discontinued.
The ones with a bunch of holes were more to keep bugs out instead of holding heat in. I'm assuming its more flat black from age/use, since all the ones i've ran across in yards seem to have not held up to UV rays that great.