'88 RCLB C3500 "Roscoe P. Coltrane"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much finished the truck box + shelf. I have some 3/8" plywood around here somewhere that I'll cut for the shelves. I still need to sand, stain, and varnish it. Maybe next month I'll have the cash to spare for the amp.

You must be registered for see images attach

I also managed to score a garage sale truck box yesterday for $40. It needs a little rehab, but that's a tomorrow job.

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the amp in the day before yesterday, and after I gave up working on my son's Chrysler last night I screwed the amp in place and started running wires. Tonight I'll put it on a jump box and run an RCA adapter from my phone to see how it sounds.

Here's the amp. Build quality seems fairly nice. It has a nice "bass level" knob made of metal with a mini-jack, not the cheapskate plastic with an old-school phone cord you usually see. The proof will be if it bumps.
www.amazon.com/dp/B09PCZLZMG

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0.02 vac

12v into the amp, good ground, remote has 12v, and the amp powers up. The little blue LED says so. The phone and RCA cable produced music through the shop stereo, but plugging the RCAs into the amp doesn't produce sound.

The amp is a monoblock, but it has two sets of speaker outputs. No matter which combination of terminals I check with the meter, I get no voltage on my meter. The speaker has two coils, and I have them wired up in parallel. It's a 4 ohm speaker, (measures 3.8), so it's probably 1.8-2.0 ohms, which should put me right around 600w.

I may play around with it a bit more today.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0.02 vac

12v into the amp, good ground, remote has 12v, and the amp powers up. The little blue LED says so. The phone and RCA cable produced music through the shop stereo, but plugging the RCAs into the amp doesn't produce sound.

The amp is a monoblock, but it has two sets of speaker outputs. No matter which combination of terminals I check with the meter, I get no voltage on my meter. The speaker has two coils, and I have them wired up in parallel. It's a 4 ohm speaker, (measures 3.8), so it's probably 1.8-2.0 ohms, which should put me right around 600w.

I may play around with it a bit more today.
I would run a rca cable from your actual stereo just to double check the signal it is receiving.