88 K1500 Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickaayy

Reaction score
I am looking to find new lower control arms and I am having severe difficulty finding them. It looks like they've been discontinued. I am looking for new because I am trying to not fight with the rivets for the ball joints, I've drilled a couple out, however I was slightly off center and don't know if I can reuse my current ones, any help on finding new ones, or advice on current ones will be greatly appreciated, thank you. I've included pics to attempt to show my off center drilling, but idk if you can see it in pic.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you looked on Rock Auto in the Suspension folder?
No need to drill the rivets, knock the heads off flush with a cold chisel and hammer or an air chisel. Then drive the rivet body out with a punch. Might try drilling the holes out to the next bigger size when installing the new ball joints.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Those holes are not going to be a problem, the replacement Ball joint bolts in and the holes in the ball joint will align the bolts just fine.

The next time you need to remove a riveted in Ball joint cut the rivet head off, drill a blind hole(17/64 or 9/32 into the rivet from the top about 3/4 of the way through the rivet, then take a 1/4" punch and drive the rivet out.

Rickaayy

Reaction score
Those holes are not going to be a problem, the replacement Ball joint bolts in and the holes in the ball joint will align the bolts just fine.

The next time you need to remove a riveted in Ball joint cut the rivet head off, drill a blind hole(17/64 or 9/32 into the rivet from the top about 3/4 of the way through the rivet, then take a 1/4" punch and drive the rivet out.
That is what I've done here, until I got tired of hammering, I just drilled it thru