'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks man! It would be great to get it out this year..

The thing with large projects is to break it into smaller pieces and get that small piece done..then move on to the next part...otherwise you might be overwhelmed and loose motivation..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Yep, for sure..good to see your dually posts as well!

like the pic in your avatar! Man; Randy's gut is getting bigger!

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
thanks man. not doing anything real in depth like yanking the motor......yet:)

yea the newer episodes they got em greased up all the time, its almost too much... still my favorite show.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I am trying to save up $$ for some suspension components (so in order to keep the project going) I switched to cheaper stuff..one of my outside door handles is cracked and I don't have any door keys...So, off to the pick your part to get some ($3.5--8.00 each). I noticed the 95+ GMTs seem to have a better made door handle and a 2 sided key. They are a slightly different finish but who cares..I might try to get some pics up to show my frustration! LOL..We are lucky that we can still get parts from the pick your part places..there are still lots of 88-98's around (this is in the rust belt as well!). I have hardly seen any square bodies at the yard. I also got a non-smashed side view mirror and non-scratched pass side glass, and all the hardware (bed bolts etc) that I can ram into my pocket..

Holy smokes! I must have removed like 10 door panels etc! (including practicing on junkyard GMT 400's)...I would have never thought I would be stumped on this!! I wonder why they incorporated the panel into the window regulator mechanism? I keep getting the positioning of the various rods wrong...I got one side done I just need to figure out the other side. Specifically; the orientation of the door lock rod to the latch. I might rip one out of the yard just to get it right!
I ordered some upper ball joints from Jegs and I think I will order the rest of the suspension stuff from Summit. I was considering re-using the coil springs but I feel I would regret it done the line..

A little bit of a rambling post but carrying on..

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
you might get a better price on suspension parts on rock auto. or amazon.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I guess the equalizer is there is no shipping costs from Summit or Jegs...