'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Well the old reservoir still had a leak! I think I damaged it even more when welding. Fortunately, there was a '93 with hydroboost that I got a replacement PS pump reservoir from. I will clean it up and test it, at the yard I found some good parts to install a 95-98 grill..this is a link below

'95-'98 grill in a '88 | Page 2 | GMT400 - The Ultimate 88-98 GM Truck Forum

You must be registered for see images attach

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Well, I finally got the the PS pump to seal. It took even more effort and delayed things (also my back knee had problems). After the PS pump was installed (hopefully the last time) I installed the front rad core support with new bushings. I also got the the driveshaft rebuilt, it needed a lot of work..I then got a good deal on a Spectra CU 624 rad and installed it along with some new upper and lower rad hoses and heater hoses. I then pressure tested the cooling system and the pressure held steady. I also bought some brake parts/hardware to finish the front brakes. From what I remember these large discs only have one wheel bearing. I also installed the trans cooler and I am planning to use AN hose and fittings. I have about 14 feet of -6 teflon but I am lacking some PTFE fittings. The PTFE fittings are more expensive than years past!
The next step is to mount the electric cooling fans and wire up the relay. I will then work on the front brakes and also install the shocks.
I am getting closer to firing it up and breaking in the camshaft/ flat tappet lifters. Money is now low again and I might use the race car carb to start up engine for break in..It is critical that the carb works and I know the race car carb does work...I also need some good break in oil like Amsoil.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hi Jermaine, It is actually a donated piece but I am pretty certain it is from the "Ford Windstar" family of fans. I thought they only came on Windstars but I believe I saw them on Crown Vics etc... I used one of these on my drag car. In total it is about 4 inches too narrow (on the 34 inch wide rad) but should still provide lots of cooling power. The right lower portion of the fan shroud just touches the lower rad hose (rad hose for 90&up TBI 2 piece brackets). I will clearance that portion of the fan...

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought a carb. It is a "Brawler" series made famous by the Roadkill show. Here is the carb https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qft-br-67207#reviews The budget is broke for awhile. I have to "use what I have" to get the engine started and break in the camshaft/lifters. I also got the driveshaft installed, and actually need to get the trans-carrier shaft lengthened as well as new GM u-joint straps (still available at GM) The driveshaft ended up costing a lot more than I thought..The transmission cooler lines are installed. I went with the AN hose/fittings and that wasn't cheap either. In hindsight; I wish I had tried to make my own lines with that new "more flexible" copper style hard line. I just know from my experience I only had leak free trans lines when I went with a AN hose/fittings...The other windstar fan is wired. I found a great source for junkyard relays see here
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I will eventually get use a BMW temp switch setup to activate the fan once I pay off the carb etc... There is still a problem with right rear drum that needs attention
but first I at least want to start the engine and make some noise.. Hopefully the next update will be a successful engine/lifter break in video!

Attachments

• DSC04604 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04604 (Medium).JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC04605 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04605 (Medium).JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC04606 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04606 (Medium).JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC04608 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04608 (Medium).JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC04609 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04609 (Medium).JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 2

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
trans cooler fittings/hose etc

Attachments

• DSC04610 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04610 (Medium).JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC04613 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04613 (Medium).JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I also wired the front headlights using the relay technique..all junkyard stuff including one of the headlamps lol---- This is how I did it:

Attachments

• DSC04614 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04614 (Medium).JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC04616 (Medium).JPG
    DSC04616 (Medium).JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 3