'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Yes, I should go back and get that overflow reservoir. I assume it would still work with a gas powered SBC. For sure stay away from the poly, the rubber is cheaper anyways.
I am hoping to get back at the truck Thursday. I bought a GoPro style camera so I will start making some vids as well and put it on YouTube.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Guys I have some bad news-- I won't have access to my garage anytime soon to do work there. Until I move back into my house in either Feb 2020 or May 2020 not much can be done. The tenants caused a big stink about the noise etc created. I will try to see what I can get done with the engine in the meantime..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am back at my place now. I am hoping to get started on the truck after re-doing my kitchen. Here is the latest video, I will put some pics up etc later..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I removed most of the wiring from the engine compartment. I also removed the seat and carpet (carpet was gross and glued down). The floors look very good, no patching needed. I will POR a few areas (on the floor) as well as POR the seat brackets which seem to tend to rust. For a floor covering I think I will just use the ribbed carpet runner and some sort of heat protection/sound deadener. Is there anything no DYNA matt that can be used? I seem to recall you could use water heater foil?

You must be registered for see images attach

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Thanks Eric! I also found something called "peel and seal" that is meant for construction purposes..Here is also the latest vid..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I did some floor prep, the floors are in really good shape! I am not used to seeing floors in this good shape for a 32 year old truck. I guess some of you southern lads are more familiar with good floors it is a treat to work on. There is just some carpet glue that I will try to remove. I will weld in some patches where the someone drilled holes ...

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
vid if anyone is interested..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
I patch some small areas in the floor where someone drilled holes, PORed the rusted areas, seam sealed where necessary, and finally gave it a coat of white paint (Tremclad Rustoleom style stuff).. see the ad for more info lol.. I installed the battery tray and made a bracket for the cut off switch. Next up, 2nd coat of paint and start on dash removal..

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd posted this in my build thread, but I forgot to. Here's the SoffSeal, mostly installed. After this pic I put some on the back wall. The floor took most of a roll. The back wall took about 1/4 of a roll.

View media item 32218I used 3M headliner glue to secure it to the floor. It'll be a real pain if anyone ever needs to remove it, but I drove the truck around the block once I got the carpet in, and it's much quieter than a bare cab. I've never driven this truck before the new exhaust, so I don't know if it's much quieter than the stock padding.

Here's the interior with everything installed.

View media item 32216