'88 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Well, I haven't done very much this year on the dually. I did verify the cab lights worked though, lol....This season I was just trying to get the drag car out and I actually made it out for one pass..it took a lot longer than I expected to get the drag car ready and I faced a lot of challenges. So now I am going to re-start on the engine build. I found a engine builder and I will be taking the parts to him early November. I am working on getting a Summit order to get more truck engine parts...so hopefully over the winter I can finish up the truck engine and install the engine in the spring and try to fire it up..I will try to get some pics up etc
Here is a refresher vid on the truck engine build stuff..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Monte drag car vids

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the Monte!

I've got a '70 as well. Doubt it would keep up with yours, though. :lol: Just a warmed over factory 400 SBC.

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
They are nice cars for sure! The street version of them looks good and drives nice, but at his point it is turning into a drag car only..

Yes, hoping for 11's in the 1/4 or around low 7's-high 6's in the 1/8. I just need to get the truck operational to pull it...

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys ....so one year later lol..Well the Monte engine blew this year so I bought a more powerful replacement..I also decided to try to finish the truck project. I ordered some parts from Summit etc to try to get it going. I am dropping off the engine at the new engine builders place Wed. It will be a carbed 385 SBC. I am going to totally re-do the wiring system with a Speedway kit. I know some will say that staying with the TBI would be better but I know the "carb way" and plus emission testing will be removed in the place I live in April 2019. So this project will get new life injected in it..

here is a vid on the blown Monte engine..

The damage with the Monte engine is actually much worse, there wasn't much salvageable from that engine other than cylinder heads, intake etc..

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking about it. I could then use a standard intake. What do guys do for the accessory drive system? I assume the "girdle" should fit most SBC setups. I also have what appears to be a power steering cooler so I would like to try to keep that stock. What about the oil cooler?

KRS1

be .00 take .00
Reaction score
Hey guys, My girlfriend gave birth to our son in June 2019 so all projects on hold! I am storing the truck at a family members farm in the meantime...I am hoping to get back at it one day! I did get the Monte out though in May 2019 and it ran a best of 7.1 in the 1/8 at 97 mph and I did some bracket racing with it and even won one round!. My friend sold his truck (2010 Chevrolet Tahoe) so I won't get any more tows up to the track. I will have to rent a truck or perhaps borrow another one. At some point I would really like to finish this! I bought a bunch of stuff for it in Nov 2018 like rotors a wiring harness etc so we will see!

Jermaine Smith

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, My girlfriend gave birth to our son in June 2019 so all projects on hold! I am storing the truck at a family members farm in the meantime...I am hoping to get back at it one day! I did get the Monte out though in May 2019 and it ran a best of 7.1 in the 1/8 at 97 mph and I did some bracket racing with it and even won one round!. My friend sold his truck (2010 Chevrolet Tahoe) so I won't get any more tows up to the track. I will have to rent a truck or perhaps borrow another one. At some point I would really like to finish this! I bought a bunch of stuff for it in Nov 2018 like rotors a wiring harness etc so we will see!

Congrats on the baby and you have that Monte rolling nicely.