88-98 K1500 Third Brake Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just changed mine to LED. If i did not toss it you can have mine for the cost of shipping.
I'll let you know here in a little bit if i can find it.
Wait, Is it the same as a Suburban?
Suburban/Tahoe CHMSL totally different from the pickups.

I thought they were different.
On a side note, check these out.
Those do look nice.. too bad they don't offer one for the extended cab.

You'd think with the board fab houses out there it wouldn't be too difficult for someone to have a run made of replacement circuit boards. Would require a group buy to be sure, but I'd bet there's enough demand out there considering how many have gone bad. Just a thought. I don't have a 400 anymore or I might have been inclined to develop this.

EDIT - jeez sometimes I shouldn't trust my memory. I just went out to the garage and dug up one I've had sitting around forever, and forgot it's a molded plastic base with the circuit paths molded into the plastic. Not something a simple board fab shop could do, dunno what setup I was imagining when I said that.

Richard

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got this one on Amazon for my 95 K2500 ext cab. I have mostly black trim on white body. This one has black housing like oe. Lights off, looks like original. Now the brake light is brighter and big difference for cargo lights. " Henkeyi, part # 6100094.
Good luck.

OutlawTyre

Reaction score
Just an update. I wound up finding the circuit board on Ebay after looking for months. I installed it and everything works now. For anybody thinking about buying the RZ lights lens that was tagged a couple of post before. It looks amazing the only issue is the oem lens is around an 1 7/8" long on top and the RZ lights lens in around 1 5/16", so this leaves a gap. I filled mine in with clear silicone, but just wanted to post for anybody trying to go down the same route as me. Thanks

Attachments

• 20230114_215700.jpg
    20230114_215700.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230114_215646.jpg
    20230114_215646.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 13

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I wound up finding the circuit board on Ebay after looking for months. I installed it and everything works now. For anybody thinking about buying the RZ lights lens that was tagged a couple of post before. It looks amazing the only issue is the oem lens is around an 1 7/8" long on top and the RZ lights lens in around 1 5/16", so this leaves a gap. I filled mine in with clear silicone, but just wanted to post for anybody trying to go down the same route as me. Thanks
Do you mean the depth of fixture is 9/16 smaller? That’s a chitload!!! Crazy for $115.00
Better off refinishing your original or treasure yard part.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Your truck is a standard cab or crew cab, right? The RZLightz lenses will only work with those two. Extended cabs have a slightly different profile on the back of the roof.

If so, are you sure you got the right housing/circuit board from eBay? Those were different on the extended cabs as well. 16522433 is the part number for standard/crew cab housings, 16522434 for extended cab.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck is a standard cab or crew cab, right? The RZLightz lenses will only work with those two. Extended cabs have a slightly different profile on the back of the roof.

If so, are you sure you got the right housing/circuit board from eBay? Those were different on the extended cabs as well. 16522433 is the part number for standard/crew cab housings, 16522434 for extended cab.
That just might explain why part doesn’t fit on the board, but the 9/16” difference between his original and the RZ is still absurd. Unless, it’s not his original he’s comparing it to, but the lens that came with the board from ebay, and they both are for Ext. cab. :shrug:

Last edited:

OutlawTyre

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. The one off ebay was supposed to be off of a 97 single cab. I even verified that with the seller, but obviously it's not. Will have to keep looking. All the salvage yards around me do not have any.

Singlecab

Reaction score
Hello all. I took the unit out and put duct tape over my third brake light cavity a few years ago due to leaks. I found a few decent lenses and boards at pull a part, but the seals are all 24+ years sun damaged. If any one knows where to get a factory seal that would be killer

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all. I took the unit out and put duct tape over my third brake light cavity a few years ago due to leaks. I found a few decent lenses and boards at pull a part, but the seals are all 24+ years sun damaged. If any one knows where to get a factory seal that would be killer
I've been watching for old stock gaskets to turn up and haven't seen any.
The stock foam gaskets were made from Neoprene or a Neoprene and EPDM mix. Both of those are UV and water resistant. I'll most likely buy a sheet of foam on McMaster Carr and hand cut it to make a new gasket.

If someone can waterjet or laser cut that stuff I'll be glad to draw it out in CAD and supply a DXF file so they can make reproductions.