88-98 front fenders, all same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to paint my 92 C1500 Silverado, but really can't have it down long enough to do it. I was thinking I could get a set of fenders that I could prep and paint and then just bolt them on (already have a bed, tailgate and set of doors). My question is what fenders will work? Are all 88-89 fenders identical? TIA, jess in ky

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes and no. The earlier fenders don't have all the holes punched on the inside for j-nuts that the later trucks have. Yours being a '92 shouldn't be an issue to use older fenders. If you tried to put '88-'94 fenders on a '95 or '96-up you would suffer some minor inconveniences trying to attach everything.

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and no. The earlier fenders don't have all the holes punched on the inside for j-nuts that the later trucks have. Yours being a '92 shouldn't be an issue to use older fenders. If you tried to put '88-'94 fenders on a '95 or '96-up you would suffer some minor inconveniences trying to attach everything.

Richard
Good point.