88-98 Fog Light Heavy Duty Relay Harness for use with OEM Switch (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I wish 88GMCTruck would start fabbing things up and selling them-his work looks great from his build threads. But I also understand the headache and time commitment.
I appreciate the thought. And honestly I have considered it more than once, the problem is i'm just always so damn busy. And I would probably want to build it way too spec'd out to be worthwhile...

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
If anyone is considering a purchase from member "gmachinz" you better be ready to loose your money, get lie after lie, no message response, etc...

he will tell you every week it's going to be shipped out Monday, he apparently waits for the paypal claim time to pass so you can't make a claim..

he charged me 240$ for a headlight harness and would quickly answer messages until he got the money then nothing but lies IF he even responds...

He is doing the same thing "Mean Green" did .....

buyer beware

Interesting. I purchased the auto-down relay kit for an '87 V1500 pickup through a different forum and it was a great transaction. Quality of parts, construction, everything was top notch...including communication and shipping. @88GMCtruck saw the kit and components as well.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult experience. I've seen him slowly offer more and more products, it wouldn't surprise me if he's feeling buried in orders.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes a very big thank you as I just received my limited/esky/denali fog switch today, so this will help tons.

question though, do you happen to have other detailed wiring schematics? Feel free to PM if you do. I am tempting fate with the 88-94 to 95-98 dash upgrade.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yes a very big thank you as I just received my limited/esky/denali fog switch today, so this will help tons.

question though, do you happen to have other detailed wiring schematics? Feel free to PM if you do. I am tempting fate with the 88-94 to 95-98 dash upgrade.
I have a subscription to all data but posting all the wiring info would be huge... I suggest buying a factory wiring manual if you can find one or a haynes/chilton or get an all data subscription.

Last edited:

biggiecamp

Reaction score
Looking at the harness pic from Mean Green on the original page, it appears that the purple wire from the fog light switch becomes the trigger wire for the relay circuit to draw power directly from the battery.
Am I correct in my assumption that the yellow wire from the original harness becomes the power supply circuit from the headlight switch (park lamps on) which feeds the purple wire when the OEM fog switch is turned on?
Looking at diagram from 88GMCtruck, the gray wire supplies instrument panel illumination to the switch. While the brown wire supplies power to the open end of the OEM switch prior to the yellow wire.
This is where I’m having issue wrapping my head around wiring this up using the factory switch, with park lamp on/off as power trigger for the switch and the factory switch supplying power trigger to a relay underhood drawing power straight from battery.
In this scenario, does the brown wire go from headlight switch to the fog switch for power trigger or is it the yellow wire?

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. But judging from the picture i have everything needed to make the harness. My only issue is i dont have the info from meangreen on where to connect the wires to. If anyone has purchased the harness from him and still have the install instructions to share that would be great. Or even if mean green is still an active member to pass along the instructions for the wirez that would be great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jramirez11

Reaction score
For Sale: Factory Fog Light Harness for those of you who would like to use the OEM Fog Light Switch. The harness comes complete with ALL needed wire to install fog or driving lights. The harness features a HD 30/40 amp relay and is constructed of 12awg wire to ensure that the full 13.8V+ get to your fog or driving lights. Which also allows you to run a high wattage bulb or HID's without having to worry about overloading the factory harness.

The harness also features Delphi style Weatherpack Connectors to ensure a weather tight connection at your fog or driving lights! Trucks that where equipped from the factory only allowed the fog lights to be on when the low beams where on. With this harness installed, you can have your fog lights on anytime your parking lights are on. So when you have the fog light switch in the "ON" position, you can have your fog lights on anytime the parking lights are! And they will also automatically turn off (Regardless of the position of the fog light switch) when the parking lights are turned off! So there is no need to have to worry about leaving your fog or driving lights on when you arrive at your destination! The harness's are completely loomed in weather/heat resistant loom, and all connections are cleanly soldered and heat shrunk. This harness takes all the guess work out of adding fog or driving lights! All wire that requires to be hooked up by you, is clearly labeled for a trouble free installation! Made in the USA!

You are required to supply me with your OEM Switch and pigtail. Once I recieve it, your harness will be built and shipped out to you within 3-4 days of receiving the switch. Also if you are interested in using a different switch, feel free to PM me for a quote!

Price: $99.95 with FREE Shipping via USPS Priority Mail
Part Number: 8898FFHD

(Below is a picture of a HD Fog Light Harness)

(Below is a Picture of a truck with a HD Fog Light Harness installed along with Factory Fog Lights)

Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

-Baron
Do you have a website?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk