88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a line on some Bonneville buckets with gmt400 risers already on them for $250. Considering picking them up tomorrow. Any thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach
I didn't need a special riser, Just unbolted seat from bonneville riser and the bolt patter is the same as the 97 suburban bucket seat riser.

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i came across these pics recently - 2018 seats in a '93. i would LOVE to do this (i also have a 2014 silverado and love the seats - so to be able to drop these in my '89 would be awesome!)

there was a little welding involved, but totally doable!

one thing i'd want to change would be to make the seat belts come out thru the spots on the side of each seat instead of their original location... not sure what all that would involve though.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
one thing i'd want to change would be to make the seat belts come out thru the spots on the side of each seat instead of their original location... not sure what all that would involve though.

OEM Parts man here, those seatbelts from the late model & all the electronics needed to make them work properly is;
1) An unbelievably large headache
2) In the range of thousands to tens of thousands of dollars

For starters the pretensioner probably only talks to the SRS unit on the 2018 (or similar), so you'd have to essentially move over an SRS unit from a newer truck and rig it all up.
An SRS unit can be anywhere from $500-$2000 depending on which make/model and what kind of markups your dealer works with.
Generally an OEM seatbelt w/pretensioner is between $200-800, matching buckle usually $150-300, and you usually need a pretty expensive computer to reset/set/program most things in a SRS.
Its probably way easier and more cost effective to try to rig some kind of race harness to fit the actual seat's seatbelt cutouts.

Would be pretty cool - but most likely more trouble than its worth.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these just directly bolt-on to a 98 silverado?

Attachments

• 3B2AD6BC-3119-4511-86D4-2E06CC652468.png
    3B2AD6BC-3119-4511-86D4-2E06CC652468.png
    853.3 KB · Views: 41