88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed, I rarely go into the yards in the middle of summer. I usually try to go in the fall and spring before things heat up. For Iowa being far up north that it is, it still manages to get to 100 degrees some days, mainly the humidity plays a role. Does Louisiana and Texas get a lot of humidity down there?

Plus, you never know when there might be a few wasps in the yard in the vehicles that you are looking for... hate them damn things, always manage to find a couple nests, but usually abandoned (thank God). They sure love the heat!
Humid, Louisiana invented humidity. Im only about 30 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. The summers here are very hot and humid. High 90 temps and the humidity in the 90s too. It will pull all of the energy rite out of you. Its gets bad from about 10 AM till about 7:30PM. And at this time of year, its in the 80s at night. AC is a must down here.

Last edited:

Scott Martin

Reaction score
I just scored a set of bucket seats out of a 97 Bonneville. Got them good and clean and next step is to dye them. My interior is grey and my buckets are tan. My question is can you put the passenger side bucket set in the drivers location and vise versa. The driver bucket has a little wear, but no tears in the cloth. Was going to do this to for less wear on the driver seat.
thanks, David
I just got a set to and mine had a few small tears in them and I saw a video on YouTube where this professional upholster uses a high strength silicone caulk. I tried his method and I had to put a few layers on it because when it dried it kind of shrunk but in the end they turned out beautiful. I just used that vinyl/plastic paint because it's really flexible and holds on good.. They look brand new now but I still haven't put them in yet because I haven't figured out how to do the power seat part yet.

Scott Martin

Reaction score
Are they power seats or manual? The control panel on most GM power seats is on the door side of the seat, so if you swap sides it'll be on the wrong side to go to easily to use(i.e. facing the console). If they are manual seats (no power adjustment) it could probably be done. A lot depends on where the adjustment handle, lever, etc. is.... good luck
The controls on my new seats are on the door side and it's the one with three switches but my current seats have a different setup. It has the three switches on the right side and the heated seat control.. I haven't looked into it yet but if I put the new seat on the old risers will the power seat connectors hook up to the new seat? Both are 99 models.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The controls on my new seats are on the door side and it's the one with three switches but my current seats have a different setup. It has the three switches on the right side and the heated seat control.. I haven't looked into it yet but if I put the new seat on the old risers will the power seat connectors hook up to the new seat? Both are 99 models.
Sounds like maybe the seat you already have (not the new ones)is a passenger seat? Never seen one that had the switch like that (not saying it doesn't exist, just I haven't seen any like it! )

Scott Martin

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the seat you already have (not the new ones)is a passenger seat? Never seen one that had the switch like that (not saying it doesn't exist, just I haven't seen any like it! )[/QUOTE
No the switches are all on the drivers door side but what I mean by the yukon seat switches they're on the right side of the switch controls and the other buttons are on the left side closest to the front of the truck.

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice write up, I've got a broken driver seat base and have been looking for options. If I had a regular cab I'd go with this.

vogey

Reaction score
I have a 93 single cab GMC K1500 4x4 and I put the intereor of a 2018 Silverado work truck. I paid $300 for it and when I went to pick it up, he gave me the back. So it's just sitting in my shop.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
did you have to reuse the stock risers or were u able to use the newer one? I've got a set of seats from Tahoe been waiting to install in my suburban