88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Being it is a single cab I will not be using the reclining lever at all. If it was a extended cab I could see not putting the recline lever to the inside. Will mount them and see how they sit. I can always unbolt and put them back into the correct position. The passenger seat is in better shape, but the drivers not bad. Will take some pictures once I get them installed. Spent today dyeing the seats. Mine were tan and I sprayed them the light grey color. Real happy on how they turned out.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I am doing Toyota Sienna tan leather 2nd and 3rd row seats in Frank (my 92 CC LB DRW) 2 sets of front brackets, remove the sliders from the Toyota seats, and the front went easy-peasy. I used the second row in front.
The rear seats however were a ^&*&^^%#^ing nightmare!
I wanted to retain the fold and tumble feature ( you know because options). All 8 mounts were different, the inboard rear had to sink into the floor 2", the outboard rear are 2 1/2" above the floor, the tunnel isn't symmetrical (offset to the passenger side ), and the rear floor isn't even close to flat.:badidea::biggun:But man are they comfortable! I'll figure out if it was worth it after I heal up a bit.:lol:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I am putting the seats from my 94 Suburban in my wife's CC LB DRW 86. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.:banghead: I am however smarter than the average kitchen sponge. (A new one, not the kind that's growing bacteria. That kind is smarter than me.) So I'm cutting the whole rear floor out of the Sub and welding it in the 86. The floor pans are completely kacked in the 86 anyway so why not?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The car show today, had a swap meet too. I found these for $60. He had 2 consoles, but He painted them, and I didnt like the way they looked, so I guess I need to make a trip to pull a part.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Kenny if you're still looking for a console, I have 2 complete ones, the 96 to 99 Burb ones. If I get to come to Lafayette this year (if the Bayou Roundup happens this year! ) I can bring one. I believe they're both gray but may be 1 tan and 1 gray. My Burb has gray interior so that's the 1 I would keep if they're not both gray. I can post pictures later.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kenny if you're still looking for a console, I have 2 complete ones, the 96 to 99 Burb ones. If I get to come to Lafayette this year (if the Bayou Roundup happens this year! ) I can bring one. I believe they're both gray but may be 1 tan and 1 gray. My Burb has gray interior so that's the 1 I would keep if they're not both gray. I can post pictures later.
Im sure pull a part will have one, but its so hot outside rite now that Im not going out there any time soon. Im in no hurry to install the seats. Im going to wait untill the weather cools off to do the install. I know that I will need to drill holes for the console and maybe for the drivers seat IDK. Also, it doesnt show in the pic, but the passengers bucket has a small burn spot on the seat. My OE passengers seat is perfect, so I need to swap seat bottoms. We are still having our cruse in car shows 3 times a week. Maybe the bayou round up will happen around October, IDK, but if you hear something let me know. If I cant find a console I would buy the tan one and repaint it gray. The Duplacolor vinal fabric paint does a grate job. Thanks for the offer.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No problem!
Totally understand about the weather! That's been keeping me away from the pick a part that's like 3 miles from the trailer park! They're only open 9 to 4 and that's the worst part of the day. I bring water in along with my tools and bucket on a hand truck, but if you have to bring too much in, gets to be a problem LOL. Too much to keep up with! And of course the trucks are in the far end of the yard, so I'll get my exercise going back to the Burb if I didn't bring it the first time.....
I've done the yards in July and August before, but I was younger then.....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Agreed, I rarely go into the yards in the middle of summer. I usually try to go in the fall and spring before things heat up. For Iowa being far up north that it is, it still manages to get to 100 degrees some days, mainly the humidity plays a role. Does Louisiana and Texas get a lot of humidity down there?

Plus, you never know when there might be a few wasps in the yard in the vehicles that you are looking for... hate them damn things, always manage to find a couple nests, but usually abandoned (thank God). They sure love the heat!