88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The seats I have are power seats, and in order to put them on my existing risers I will still have to get power to the new seats control switches. The three switches on the side of the seat, what I'm asking is will I be able to get power from the existing connector to the new seat controls without having to change anything like wiring or harnesses?
Should be the same on most GM's of that era. When I converted my 98's manual seat to a power seat from a 99 Burb, it was the same connector and everything worked ok.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I believe GM changed their seat mounting design after 2000 for most vehicles, but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
I just scored a set of bucket seats out of a 97 Bonneville. Got them good and clean and next step is to dye them. My interior is grey and my buckets are tan. My question is can you put the passenger side bucket set in the drivers location and vise versa. The driver bucket has a little wear, but no tears in the cloth. Was going to do this to for less wear on the driver seat.
thanks, David

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I just scored a set of bucket seats out of a 97 Bonneville. Got them good and clean and next step is to dye them. My interior is grey and my buckets are tan. My question is can you put the passenger side bucket set in the drivers location and vise versa. The driver bucket has a little wear, but no tears in the cloth. Was going to do this to for less wear on the driver seat.
thanks, David
Are they power seats or manual? The control panel on most GM power seats is on the door side of the seat, so if you swap sides it'll be on the wrong side to go to easily to use(i.e. facing the console). If they are manual seats (no power adjustment) it could probably be done. A lot depends on where the adjustment handle, lever, etc. is.... good luck

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Are they power seats or manual? The control panel on most GM power seats is on the door side of the seat, so if you swap sides it'll be on the wrong side to go to easily to use(i.e. facing the console). If they are manual seats (no power adjustment) it could probably be done. A lot depends on where the adjustment handle, lever, etc. is.... good luck

The recline lever would be on the wrong side, powered or not.