88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I have a set of 94 ram seat mocked up in a 88 k1500. Eventually will get a round the chopping the top of them to the height of the back window and recovering them.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Those actually look pretty good in there.
But yea. They do need a bit of slicin' & dicin'. Right about where they transition to the narrow part. That'd be just a bit above the bottom of the window.
That placement of the chop would maintain 'the look' of the seat. Proportions & all that.
I've seen seats that have been cut down & if it's done even just a bit too short, they end up looking like a kid's booster seat.

Those seats Lol! I have a set here. Exactly the same. Given to me. Didn't ask for them. Don't want 'em. They're in my way. Somebody come get them.

Reaction score

Pretty sure someone has already figured this out but J-body seats work too. Cheap and plentiful around here.

Scottlauer_

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped out the split bench in a OBS 4 door Tahoe for bucket seats? I'm looking for any help with this... Thx!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Im out here lookin for some decent gmt400 front leather buckets and forgot bout the pair of heated roadmaster limited grey leathers i have in my spare bedroom. Now the wheels are turnin in my head. Mite try the passenger side this weekend cuz its a split bench too. Not sure if id wanna cut it down to be true buckets but ive had em in the room for probly 4 years.

*edit

No go. All brackets are welded on my roadie leathers and EVERYTHING is power. Even recline. Was hopin to be able to unbolt the rails n swap mine in but no go. Rails and frames are all welded and one piece in some spots. O well keep huntin.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
They may or may not have that center console. Can't remember. They're in the storage shed. Been there for a couple of years now. W-a-y in the back! When I get a chance & the weather's better, I'll drag them out. Time for a purge anyhow!

davkenrem

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored a set of Tan Bonneville Bucket seats today at LKQ-Toledo, OH. Very clean,no stains or rips at all. I got the best set from about 4 of 5 sets there. Worse issue was the elastic for the netting on back of seat was stretched out. But it is an easy fix. $35.00 @ seat.

Got the drivers seat in today.

There was another Tan set like these in slightly worse condition. Dirter and more worn.

I saw, I believe 2 leather seats from 2001 with the seat belt retractor on the seat. Both in very good condition.

Several brown leather sets in rough but rebuild-able shape.

If you create an account on their website you can see photos of the cars and their location in the yard.