88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve352

Reaction score
I have a 2000 K3500 CCLB with a tan interior. 4wd on the floor. I have tan leather bucket seats and console in the front. Is there anything I could steal a folding console middle seat out of that wouldn’t look stupid? I would really like a 6th seat, but don’t necessarily want to give up my buckets. Thanks!

ELBscorp65

Reaction score
Hopefully I haven't overlooked this but has anyone tried BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Audi Or anything similar? I saw one post I believe where someone put Mercedes seats in. The main reason I'm asking is that the LKQ Pick a Part near me charges the same price $25.58 each for bucket seats whether is 2015 leather BMW or 90 plastic Saturn. If they are going to be same price I would prefer to try some imported leather under my ass than cheap cloth or plastic. I am planning to go out there tomorrow and at least do some measuring.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any seat can be made to fit. You just have to be able to make a SECURE and STABLE base mount. I say it with caps to stress those points in case of an accident they do not let you go flying.

So in the long run... find seats that are super comfy to you and get them. Them design some mounts up from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

ELBscorp65

Reaction score
Any seat can be made to fit. You just have to be able to make a SECURE and STABLE base mount. I say it with caps to stress those points in case of an accident they do not let you go flying.

So in the long run... find seats that are super comfy to you and get them. Them design some mounts up from there.

True, but I would like to find something that wasn't too much of a PIA. I'm going to have to look and try out several, the Honda Odyssey seats and console look good in pictures.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, but I would like to find something that wasn't too much of a PIA. I'm going to have to look and try out several, the Honda Odyssey seats and console look good in pictures.
Somewhere in one of the first couple pages of posts in this thread....lol.. some one measured the bolt hole distances front to back and side to side on the factory seat where the factory base mount bolts up. You can find that and go from there. Would just have to measure the base mount spot on any seat you are considering and see how far off or not it is. Then decide if you have the ability to correct the difference. There's probably 10-20 differant suggestions of seats that are close here in this thread. Just gotta read through it.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm kinda partial to post 439 myself... those seats look sweet are are actually half way comfy and will hold you in great.

plouth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm kinda partial to post 439 myself... those seats look sweet are are actually half way comfy and will hold you in great.

So far the seats have been great, I'm 6'2 and 190 with a waist of 33inch. Holds perfect and is comfortable also the bolster is not as big as a race seat so getting in and out has been fine even with my truck as lifted as much as mine is. The heated seats also tied into my remote start as also been amazing. Take a look on craigslist or ebay, can't beat the price.

plouth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhere in one of the first couple pages of posts in this thread....lol.. some one measured the bolt hole distances front to back and side to side on the factory seat where the factory base mount bolts up. You can find that and go from there. Would just have to measure the base mount spot on any seat you are considering and see how far off or not it is. Then decide if you have the ability to correct the difference. There's probably 10-20 differant suggestions of seats that are close here in this thread. Just gotta read through it.

I would not worry about the bolt holes, and look for a seat that has a simple bolt in track mount to save time. If your not a guy thats big on fab time i would suggest a call to Corbeau seats they sell the direct fit bolt on seat brackets. Saves time getting the seats level, and they are designed to be safe. This is what I did. Then bolt or weld steel plate to it and just drill holes to fit whatever seat you like.

Things to consider with the seat are mostly two things. 1. Most newer sets have airbags in them, you need to account for this if you want to wire up the motors. Some seats you can pull the relay, but others the wires need to be cut.
2. Find a manual seat and then its just the setting of the seat placement.

hope that helps some.

plouth

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have move info on how to mount NBS seats in a gmt400 as far as the brackets and wiring for it to work. .... I have just heard a bunch of people saying they've done it but no one really says how.
Biggest reason I did not do the newer seats was the seatbelt is intergraded into the seat. With doing something custom like this, I did not want to put the stress on the seat bracket.
FYI the seatbelts in OBS trucks match the new seatbelt mounts on the new seats perfect, they clip right in.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
GM was pretty good at making the bolt holes in the seats consistent across the board, as far as placement. Using some truck bucket seat mounts/risers & then installing a set of GM seats will make the swap so much easier.
I put Grand Am seats in my S-15 Jimmy by using the S-truck's tracks.
Fiero seats in Camaro's. Grand Prix seats in a C-10.
As long as you have a set of risers (or the tracks for vehicles that don't use risers) that are made for the truck, the GM seat bolt pattern will allow the use of pretty well any other GM seat.