88-94 Factory Stereo Info

Lmoonan55

Reaction score
I don't want to raise this thread from the dead, but this seems to be the only place on the internet with information on these things. Long story short, I got a 16191455 electronic eq cassette player to replace the broken mechanical one. I got for pretty cheap off eBay, and I plugged it in and it turns on and works, but it won't play or eject anything. Took it apart and the belt is kind of soggy, so I plan on replacing it, even though it's not too bad. When you insert a tape in, it it runs it forward and backward like as if the tape was blank, then tries to eject it but all it does is keep clicking and not doing anything. I don't see anything bent or broken or otherwise missing, so I'll probably just replace the belt and lube it up. Is that all I can do? All the buttons and stuff work. Took some pics, let me know if you see anything wrong. I e never messed with these systems before so I'm not sure. Everything looks brand new so I'm confused with the clicking sound. The little solenoid is what controls the eject, is that correct?
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20210918_143649.jpg
    20210918_143649.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1