88-94 dash cover options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone used anything other than a carpet dash cover? Overall my dash is in decent shape but there are cracks on the top flat surface around the defrost vent. I'd like to just repair the cracks but realize that I'd probably be chasing them for the rest of the time I owned the vehicle and I don't know how good it would look anyways. Has anyone just covered the top of the dash with a textured plastic piece, leather or vinyl wrap of some sort? Is there anything a guy could brush on like a light bedliner type of product? I really don't want a full fledged carpet dash cover at all.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LMC Truck sells molded plastic covers that you glue on over your existing dash, no idea how well they fit though.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Yea there's ton of the molded plastic covers available, they're about $100. They fit decently as long as your dash isn't severely cracked or warped so that it had a good surface to adhere to.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea there's ton of the molded plastic covers available, they're about $100. They fit decently as long as your dash isn't severely cracked or warped so that it had a good surface to adhere to.

I don't think I've seen anything here other than a carpet dash cover so I assumed that's all that's out there. I'll look into those. Thanks guys.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guy I got my lift from got a piece of aluminum and cut it and made some tabs on it.. then he covered it.. came out sweet... here's a few pics of it..
He was able to get real speakers mounted to it to. It looks better in person, but these are the only pics I have of it... I have no other info or dimensions on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Crytone

Reaction score
You can also flock your dash. Fix and repair the cracks first then flock it. It's seen a lot in rally racing to get rid of glare from the dash. There's tons of info online about doing this if it interests you.

Crookedaxle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can also flock your dash. Fix and repair the cracks first then flock it. It's seen a lot in rally racing to get rid of glare from the dash. There's tons of info online about doing this if it interests you.

That's pretty flocking cool! Thanks! I also have a 1982 300D Mercedes that this process would be good for.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
The guy I got my lift from got a piece of aluminum and cut it and made some tabs on it.. then he covered it.. came out sweet... here's a few pics of it..
He was able to get real speakers mounted to it to. It looks better in person, but these are the only pics I have of it... I have no other info or dimensions on it.

That’s probably one of the best dash covers I’ve seen as far as custom not generic/ mass produced.

I have a camouflage fabric cover that I saved from my old dash before I did my dash swap.