88-93 Painted GMC Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lewis1129

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures of the 88-93 gmc grilles that are painted. It's the composite headlight grille. I'm debating painting the chrome body color, but haven't been able to find any examples of it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not 100% what you're asking for but here's an 88-93 GMC composite grille that isn't chrome. If I recall it's just black unpainted plastic aftermarket, on some old POS parts truck I bought.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

One thing to keep in mind is that the chrome on the 88-93 grilles (OEM) is very thick and prone to wrinkling/peeling. If you want a nice, lasting finish you may want to remove the chrome which is a big job. It's a thick metal film vs. the very thin stuff you see on aftermarket grilles. Aftermarket you can simply sand off; OEM you have to grip it and peel it...once you start you may wish you never bothered!

Richard

Lewis1129

Reaction score
That is the type of grille I have. My first plan was to switch it out for a 94-98 grill. But those are much harder to find around here than I thought. So I was just trying to think of something to do with my grille I have.

elyoung88

Reaction score
Google search images for 1990 GMC Sierra GT. They all had painted grille shells

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love a painted 88-93 GMC grille. But if you were willing to do the 94+ swap, I'm pretty sure you can order an aftermarket pre-primed gmc grille for relatively cheap.