88 4.3 egr problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erlingmj83

Reaction score
Here's my issue I have a 88 c1500 4.3 center bolt valve covers my issue I've replaced tps, egr,and all vacuum lines . when my truck,is cold,it has plenty of power as soon as it's up to operating temp it's a DAWG!!!! And when I drive 55 mph plus for about 5 min the CEL comes on and sends trouble code 32 for the egr as soon as I kill it and restart the CEL goes off no clue what to do it has stock everything as far as I know and its a newer motor than stock and the is no smog pump and no cat on it please any advice or recommendations. And just curious I wanted to know if my engine is a vortec and way to confirm if it's a vortec motor I guess casting number locations to check to c what motor is in my truck since it's not org motor

Erlingmj83

Reaction score
As far as I know yes from what I have seen on Google do u possible have the correct diagram or a link to the correct diagram or email it to me [email protected]

AgentYager

Reaction score
Yes vacuum but the vacuum is controlled by a solenoid, if it were just a straight vacuum then the egr would always be opened which would cause it to run like garbage.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's still running the tbi it should come from a port from the front of the tbi to the left a little bit and it goes to the egr solenoid by the egr and then to the egr valve

Erlingmj83

Reaction score
Yes that's how it set up sorryvvacum to solenoid then tovegr ... The second port off that solenoid is just a vent correct ..thought I read that somewhere