87 k5 blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say the same thing to my wife about my truck and dog. Truck for ten years and ole molly for six. Only been with the wife for three. Lol
Good to know about the height. Now I know what to tell folks. It definitely has potential. It runs and drive well, but definitely needs some attention. Fortunately it's not rusty. He told me today that January was when the work would start on it. So I will update the thread as progress moves along.
Awesome! It is really hard to find a K5 that hasnt been butchered and doesnt have rust problems.
The price of the 80s K5 keeps climbing because nobody can find or afford a 1st gen K5 anymore.
A nice clean mildly upgraded Blazer will hold some pretty good value over the years.
Plus, they are just a friggen blast to own.
Now, pardon me while I go kick my own ass for getting rid of yet another vehicle I should have kept!
Damnit!

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! It is really hard to find a K5 that hasnt been butchered and doesnt have rust problems.
The price of the 80s K5 keeps climbing because nobody can find or afford a 1st gen K5 anymore.
A nice clean mildly upgraded Blazer will hold some pretty good value over the years.
Plus, they are just a friggen blast to own.
Now, pardon me while I go kick my own ass for getting rid of yet another vehicle I should have kept!
Damnit!
The frame is solid and the majority of the body is good. There's a tad bit of rot on the driver's side kick plate, but other than that, it's pretty straight. I know you can't get your blazer back, but you can live this through this one in it's updates! As of now, he is going to do a black top on blue. Like the 14-18 gm blue. But I'm pushing towards a white top on that blue.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
D
The frame is solid and the majority of the body is good. There's a tad bit of rot on the driver's side kick plate, but other than that, it's pretty straight. I know you can't get your blazer back, but you can live this through this one in it's updates! As of now, he is going to do a black top on blue. Like the 14-18 gm blue. But I'm pushing towards a white top on that blue.
Deffinetly go for the white top. The black soaks up the heat and makes the fiberglass fall apart. Plus, it turns them into a rolling pizza oven.
Thats why you hardly ever see one with a factory black top.
They crumble apart in chunks

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love me some K5s. I've owned 4 of them at various points in my life, from rusted out trail bombers to a super clean one I daily drove. I sold the last one I owned a couple of years ago, now I gotta wait for the current square body craze and associated price gouging to subside before I buy another.