84 c10 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Just traded my 97 grand cherokee with the 318 awd for a 84 c10 2 wheel drive for a dd got to do a little work on it but not a whole lot gives me time to repair everything on my 92 ecsb 4x4 will post some pics tomorrow when I get it home

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Well I can't seem to get any kind of luck other than bad got the 84 home unloaded it checked oil.... Dark but clean my woman came home wanted to,check it out ao,i started it up and heard what sounds like a lifter knock ... Sounds up top passenger side ... **** it off pulled dipstick and had some shavings in oil biggest one was about the size of the ball on a ballpoint pen.... First thing I'm going to attempt to do cause all the shavings where rather large is pull the filter drain it and inspect then drain and filter the oil and inspect new filter and some fresh oil ... The motor ist stock by any means unknown what is done to it but it has a nice idle and very very responsive with a 600 edelbrok carb I don't want the motor to be trashed if it has a bad bearing is like to freshen it up but idk how much money I'm looking at

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
I believe I discovered the source of the metal shavings guy I got the truck from put a cheap chrome dipstick in it to clear theheaders and a closer inspection of the oil it's chrome flakes off the stick chrome will get you laid but won't get you home got to pull the front calipers off and replace driver side for sure prolly just gonna replace both and breaks cause something is binding up in front either break hose or caliper

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
In front of the garage was tinkering with it trying to adjust the carb out think my modulator on the side is bad causing it to suck tranny fluid up

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach