77Concours's 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered some LED bulbs.....

These are gonna be a little different than what I originally expected. A lot more expensive but it's gonna make the truck stand out.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I was in Washington DC all weekend for my sister's wedding but got home last evening and my headlights had arrived.

THESE. THINGS. ARE. AWESOME.

Soooo much brighter than when I had Sylvania ZXE's in my factory housings. Fog lights are jaw dropping bright. The Bluetooth app is flawless. Having some trouble figuring out the zones. One headlight and the fogs are a zone and the other headlight is the second zone. Soooo that needs tweaked but I didn't have time today. Red and blue are my favorite followed by the different modes you can choose from.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, those LED bulbs lasted a hot 2 weeks. Everything worked great except when I would fire the truck up the headlight low beams would flicker and go out. XK Glow sent me resistor harnesses for free and they didn't fix the issue. So they offered me a full refund and I returned the bulbs. Sooo back to regular halogen bulbs but, I have functioning headlights again.

Function over form on this one.

In other news, my AC hasn't worked since May. So I decided just to get it fixed regardless of winter coming. The shop where I work discovered some broken and missing pieces under my dash for the heater box. So a new heater box was going to be $480. Ouch but whatever. A service writer then tells me that Mopar has updated some things under the dash and that I would need to do the evaporator core, heater box, and other misc. items. Sooooo now the total for just parts is $1,000! Going to bite the bullet and fork out the cash for the piece of mind of my AC and heat working flawlessly. Soooo no turbo or exhaust manifold on Black Friday....

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like a negative Nancy or anything. But if you know what they are talking about do it yourself one item at a time. Some mechanic shops are shady now a days. They can say all this crap is wrong with it but really it's only one thing and they will bill you for everything without even touching it.. There's actually a video about an oil change company in Canada on YouTube that do this and would charge customers for work that's never been done. If that makes sense

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like a negative Nancy or anything. But if you know what they are talking about do it yourself one item at a time. Some mechanic shops are shady now a days. They can say all this crap is wrong with it but really it's only one thing and they will bill you for everything without even touching it.. There's actually a video about an oil change company in Canada on YouTube that do this and would charge customers for work that's never been done. If that makes sense

I hear ya. Where I work is a respected shop with 58 years in the business. The tech doing the work is also a family friend so I have no fears of them screwing me over. I pay what the company pays for parts and get 50% off my total labor bill. This is really the only big issue I've had with my truck other than having to do injectors.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya. Where I work is a respected shop with 58 years in the business. The tech doing the work is also a family friend so I have no fears of them screwing me over. I pay what the company pays for parts and get 50% off my total labor bill. This is really the only big issue I've had with my truck other than having to do injectors.
Oh alright right on then. Didn't know if it was some sleezy shop down the road or one that your close too. I had that deal for awhile until I broke up with my ex now her dad won't work on my truck lmao. But anyways hope it ends up fixing that a/c problem. Not having that in the summer blows. Atleast here in the humid Midwest it does

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh alright right on then. Didn't know if it was some sleezy shop down the road or one that your close too. I had that deal for awhile until I broke up with my ex now her dad won't work on my truck lmao. But anyways hope it ends up fixing that a/c problem. Not having that in the summer blows. Atleast here in the humid Midwest it does

Yeah lol, its a great place. I hope it fixes everything too, I drove a few long trips for job interviews, etc. throughout the summer with no air conditioning. It got toasty at times too.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah lol, its a great place. I hope it fixes everything too, I drove a few long trips for job interviews, etc. throughout the summer with no air conditioning. It got toasty at times too.
Yeah I hope it does for you too. I had a 5 hour long trip to Arkansas from stl Missouri over the summer with no a/c and a dog breathing more hot air on me the whole trip and it was miserable. Once I get the problems fixed on my DD that's the first thig to get fixed on the truck

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eyelids painted and installed. Air conditioning and heat are getting fixed this week. Whole dash has to come out. Heater box, evaporator core, and wiring harness....yuck. On the plus side I'll have ice cold a/c and hot heat!

Last edited: