77Concours's 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love what you've done with the thing. How many miles on er?

Thanks! I should hit 195,000 miles within the next week or so. It's been a great truck and I don't see myself letting it go. Hoping to do the stereo and window tint in December.

General updates though: new LED turn signals from www.superbrightleds.com and I'm debating on the full manual valve body transmission. Still have a week or so to make up my mind.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing major:

Truck goes in tomorrow for another airbag recall. Sheesh. They did an airbag recall when I bought it in September 2015! Also getting new bushings for all the pedals since its 11 years old and my brake pedal moves side to side.....AND a lever/cable set up for the rear seat. It was broken before I bought the truck and I wanted to tackle it before the subwoofer box goes in.

Decided against a full manual valve body too, so Monday the 27th she's getting built. Will be retuned by ATP since they run a black Friday special every year.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tires rotated and new tunes ordered from ATP today. Just waiting on the transmission parts to arrive so I can schedule a date for it to go in to get built. Went with an 800hp transmission. Was going to do the 1,000hp+ build but decided to use the money for Christmas gifts for my family.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well she's back from the transmission shop. First 1,000 miles are gonna be babied. Back in for a fluid change and then I'll be good for another 20,000 miles. Shifts smoother and faster. Doesn't snap your neck or anything of the sort. Here's an invoice of what's been done:

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks mighty expensive lol. Its a great addidtion to any dodge though

Right around $5,900. I realllllly wanted the 1,000HP but for now this will do. Only thing holding me back before compounds/exhaust manifold are head studs. Might pick a set up around tax time but I want to have the head sent off to a machine shop and do all sorts of goodies to that. I'm trying to be out of the house around the end of next summer so I'll be saving after the stereo for an apartment and furniture....time to be a grown up lol.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck got Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights. Finally a set that works with the canbus system in these trucks. Vision is improved but the smoked housings really don't help.

February 12th the subwoofers are getting installed with all new speaker wiring and Dynamat Xtreme for the doors. Gonna schedule it for 5% window tint by March.