75 Datsun/ Scarab conversion project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An idea of what you can run into when dealing with aftermarket "custom" parts. The front air dam was too narrow along with the ends being the wrong angle. It had to be cut, widened, and re-glassed. The first pick is the backside after repair. In the second pic you can see the pie shaped angle with it mocked up and aligned to the fenders.

Attachments

• IMG_20220531_175104587.jpg
    IMG_20220531_175104587.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220531_144857039.jpg
    IMG_20220531_144857039.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@PlayingWithTBI

yeah gotta love it, parts re-manufacturing. lol On the Mustang I did, one fender had to be cut and a 1/4 inch piece added to it so the head light bucket lined up with the factory hood. With what they charge for some of these parts you'd think the quality would be a bit better. It's all part of it though.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I effin LOVE that color.
Not sure those are daylight corrected bulbs in that booth but when I shot a test panel with the color it looks a bit different outside. It's got some pop in sunlight and it has a bit of flop to it. Like a blackish to violet/cranberry that shows off some metallic/pearls. They ultimately settled on a 2 stage color we could mix in house because BASF donated the material costs instead of going with candy House of Color. They color was picked out of the color deck so it's something that's on a manufactured vehicle. If you need color info I could back track to the specific make and paint code.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure those are daylight corrected bulbs in that booth but when I shot a test panel with the color it looks a bit different outside. It's got some pop in sunlight and it has a bit of flop to it. Like a blackish to violet/cranberry that shows off some metallic/pearls. They ultimately settled on a 2 stage color we could mix in house because BASF donated the material costs instead of going with candy House of Color. They color was picked out of the color deck so it's something that's on a manufactured vehicle. If you need color info I could back track to the specific make and paint code.
I appreciate it, but I've got nothing to paint anytime soon. Look forward to seeing a daylight shot.