75 Datsun/ Scarab conversion project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Primed with Featherfill blocked with 180 grit, reprimed with BASF Powerfill , and currently being blocked with 400 grit, than a once over with 500 grit. Then paint. Over a 100 hours "finishing bodywork and blocking" to get to this point.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Primed with Featherfill blocked with 180 grit, reprimed with BASF Powerfill , and currently being blocked with 400 grit, than a once over with 500 grit. Then paint. Over a 100 hours "finishing bodywork and blocking" to get to this point.
I'll add thjat the front fenders, not unlike the back of the car, the original wheel flares were cut off then fiberglass wheel flares were bonded on, both a mess inside and out.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate when someone takes the time to post a picture thread of the work they have done. When a craftsman does his job well the average person will never see all of the time and effort that went into getting to that end point. It takes a series of pictures to really understand the processes involved. You have done a very fine job with these cars.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going to 383 stroker swap that Datsun?
The kid that owns it and his father that passed away rebuilt the engine. I'm not sure what's been done to it but it sounds like a really nasty little smallblock. I'll be moving it here shorty so hopefully I'll get a vid of it running.