72 c10 350 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running LS2/LS6 valvesprings with Comp Cams 787-16 retainers and umbrella seals on untouched factory Vortec heads. I measured and I can clear .530" lift.

For an intake, I'm happy with my Summit dual plane. It appears to be a generic-label Weiand.

BulldogSS

Reaction score
Erik thanks for the reply. It’s funny I’m narrowing down parts and both the cam and intake you posted are top choices. My cam will be flat tappet though. I’ve seen lots of people using the next size up 268 cam but with my stock converter and tall gears I’m thinking I’ll get more useable power from the 262.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rear end will have to stay 3.08 unless at some point I swap to a 700r4. I’ve considered adding a trutrac but feel it’s not worth opening the rear end until I’m ready to do gears and full rebuild. I’ve been looking quite a bit at the comp xe268 and the lunati voodoo equivalent. I think either of those should be in the general range of what I’m looking for. Any input on intake manifold?
What RPM range do you want to use the power?
The Comp XE268 is a great Cam, The XE274H is a good cam too
I used a Lunati Bracket Master Cam, I dont like the bootlegger cams

Edelbrock Air Gap will work great as well or an intake with the slotted plenum divider

Adding 3:73 gears with the 700r4 and a converter designed for your cam will make a HUGE difference, Just depends on how you want to use your truck

Attachments

• IMG_7649.JPG
    IMG_7649.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 5

BulldogSS

Reaction score
Rpm range- right now it idles around 650. After heads and cam I’m assuming it may a little more. Factory converter is somewhere between 1400-1700 I’m reading. So maybe 1500-5500???