700r4 to 4l60E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would you ever go to the 4L60E they are defective junk.if it has not been rebuilt with aftermarket parts.the sunshields crack and break.stay with the 700 it has over drive and want tear up on you.if it's tired.have some one rebuild it for you.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why would you ever go to the 4L60E they are defective junk.if it has not been rebuilt with aftermarket parts.the sunshields crack and break.stay with the 700 it has over drive and want tear up on you.if it's tired.have some one rebuild it for you.
2002 4L60E has quite a few upgrades since the 700R4's were out.
If the tune is right it should be ok for awhile. Just be sure to run a decent size trans cooler.

I'm not 99% sure but I think you need to swap the shifter shaft out of the 700 into the 60e to be able to use your factory linkage.. it's been so long I don't remember how we did it.
I'll look up some pictures of both shafts.

I do know the 2002 has a longer shifter shaft for the Park/Neutral safety switch to fit over.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i'm doing the same swap right now.the 700 had to go i couldn't find a way to make the tv cable work with the 5.3.
i'm told the linkage as in the shift linkage PRND321 from the column will work the rest of the functions are handled buy the ecm.most trucks had column shift.

Cole K

Reaction score
I did an LS swap 89 Gmc Sierra and I had the same issue with the trans linkage being cable and the truck being set up for the mechanical linkage for the 700r4. I plan on doing a big write up soon since no one has posted any info for it soon. I used the cable and adapted it to the column. Go to the junkyard and get yourself the 2 brackets from another 4l60e that hold the cable in place and shifts the trans. It took quite a bit of fab work but i adapted these 2 brackets to the other end of the cable at the steering column and welded the bracket in place to hold the cable on the frame. It turned out perfect, I have every gear and the indicator lines up like it should.