7.4 Dually muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99 c3500 2wd 7.4 bbc I’d like some muffler opinions. Cats have been removed and currently has 2 flowmaster or flowmaster knock offs on it. It sounds good. Just louder then I want on this truck. Currently it’s turned down at the axle, and I know running it out the back would probably do what I want, but being lowered I’d really like to keep it turned down. I’ve been looking at viral proxs. Looking to order something today or tomorrow. Opinions welcome and needed.

I want a rumble when you get on it but at idle barely noticeable.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that type of muffler on my tundra. Tho I only have bout 1.5" of pipes off the muffler, can't really hear it at idle. I had it go out the back, come out on an angle under the bumper/tail lights with 5" tips, it wasn't loud but could hear it. Under load or hard on the gas it was a deeper tone. I keep debating on swapping them for something louder, but I work nites sometimes and don't want it too loud. This is also a stock truck, still has the cats and resonators so that might make it quieter.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had turbo mufflers on my Crown Victoria, they delivered the sound you seem to want. I've had 2 Magnaflows on my 1500 and both burned out and turned into glorified straight pipes. They're mellow when new though. Not sure what to do on the 1500 to preserve my hearing.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
With the exhaust dumping under the bed, you'll have drone. I would find the biggest oval case muffler you can, like a 5x11x22 Magnaflow(i use the Jones or AP Exhaust knockoffs), or use the 24" Dynomax Ultraflow. With a J-pipe Helmholtz Resonator setup, you could probably mitigate some of the if not all of the drone.

I run a 5x11x22 on my 454 'burb with a J-pipe, its just the right amount of noise with cats for my liking.

TC Cunha

Reaction score
i did something different.. I had the Flowmaster 50 series.. didnt like it, too loud (sounded like a boat), and too much cabin drone.. I took it back to my muffler guys and they came up with a great option... they had a "take off" 2.5 system from a 2018 Silverado (not sure of the muffler)... I went cat free all the way back. It sounds amazing IMO and has not drone on the highway...
You must be registered for see images
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPCGMpnFC7OpI8pAvLaP1_jKU_-BgVeUu4hEM3T

BTW, i love your "OLD SKOOL" paint job!