6x9 speakers in OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a JBL amp to push my front and back speakers and my 12” sub is being push by a old school Kicker amp.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
These are for '67-72.
I copied the idea & made a few sets for the '73-'87's back when I had my squares. I originally followed the short design, but then made a second design which was longer for the additional air-space. The last 2 pix.
Made a cardboard template & then fabbed them up on a shear & break. 10 sets took a couple or three hours. Sold 8 pairs over 2 weeks! With no holes for the speakers. That way, the buyer could run 6x9's or 6"/6.5" round.
With some 1/8" closed-cell foam & some carpet or vinyl wrapped on 'em, they blend right in.
The plan would the same for 400's.

* These boxes are not my work*

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can’t figure why a lot of people say I should just have replaced the speakers with 4X6 speakers that a good set would sound better well they are all wrong my 6X9 sound way...better and if I were ever to blow one it would be easy to replace and I’m using them only for mids and highs since I have a sub.?

Oh I had replaced them once with good brand speakers but one blew.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old post update I’m super happy with the 6X9s speakers in place of the 4X6 speakers and I just changed out the front speakers to some Kenwood 4X6 speakers I still need to test them out more to see if they sound better than some MA Audio speakers I was using.

brian5365437

Reaction score
Old post update I’m super happy with the 6X9s speakers in place of the 4X6 speakers and I just changed out the front speakers to some Kenwood 4X6 speakers I still need to test them out more to see if they sound better than some MA Audio speakers I was using.
Is there any issue with rattling since the speakers are anchored to the plastic instead of metal?