6x9 speakers in OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys this is what I'm going to do and remove my 6X9 speakers from gray boxes that they are in because I have always liked how the 4X6 speakers sounded in the factory location and since my seat is pushed all the way back and it's also reclined a bit my plans are to use my fader more towards the back so my front speakers won't drown out the rear speakers I'm also going to use a Amp to push them and just leave the front 4X6 speakers run off my Alpine head unit.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/rear6x9.html

I'm going to get to try out my new Roto Zip that I bought a long time ago.

Let me add eBay has some 6X9 speaker spacers I'm thinking I'm going to have to use them on my 6X9 speakers.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
about to have a left ear that can't hear anything. no matter how i phase or set my stuff up i can't get rid of the rear speaker over powering the fronts unless i have it faded forward. i just completly disconnected them as even with a 800 watt amp on 6.5s and 6x9s in the door i couldn't get away from over powering rear speakers thanks to poor placement by gm

Iblemz

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. My left is blown and I got a couple sets of 6x9s with no home

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a pair of Bose that were left over from a station wagon I used to own and they just fit the rear corners. Down low they don't overpower the front door speakers. Seat is all the way back.
You must be registered for see images attach

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a pair of Bose that were left over from a station wagon I used to own and they just fit the rear corners. Down low they don't overpower the front door speakers. Seat is all the way back.

Are they the correct ohms just wondering and I'm glad it sounds great?

I even found a site to where guys with just a regular cabs can go to installing 6X9 speakers.

Today I tested out my rear 4X6 speakers with using the balance control well the drivers is sounding bad...and the passenger speaker is barely working remember guys one can buy the speaker spacers on eBay

I'm just going to cut as the pics are showing so the speaker covers won't be close to the seat belt assembly that's on the pillars I'm even thinking of using some foam enclosures to help push the sound out better into the cab again eBay has them as well.

I'm glad the pics will be able to help some of you.

One more thing if you go to running good speaker wires just attach the better speaker wire to the factory wires and pull it towards the front of the truck it's fishing the wires to help you.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Bob I bet those speakers sound good if they do in a house that's why I'm saying and your truck is much smaller.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought some longer screws because I had to buy a spacer because the speakers were going to hit the inner body steel part of the truck I bought them on eBay and I noticed when I took the Cherwin Vega speakers out one of the speaker grills was chipped so I bought some clear Gorilla glue to repair it now I just need the get up and go to installed them but my get up and go is gone today :D

I'm going to have to buy regular super glue or quick drying glue this other glue takes long to set up I did buy some Kenwood grills so if this one doesn't work out I have back up grills.

******* founder Hugh Hefner dead at 91 - CNN Money
https://apple.news/AI5gbYng_Q_i7hob5jCuwZw

Last edited: