6x9 door speakers in 88-94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnightblue

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did a lot of searching on the web and here and couldn't really find a good answer on if 6x9's would work in the doors on the 88-94 model. I just decided to dive in, and found they fit fine in my 91. These are just cheapys from walmart. the cut in the door is a little rough since all I had to use at the moment was a cut off wheel on a grinder. The door panel was easy. I used a jig saw for that, but a utility knife would also do it. space is tight when the window is rolled down, so watch the mounting depth. these were 3 3/16 deep and no rubbing or anything. They sound good. Decent bass if you dont want to do a subwoofer box behind the seat.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jason Glover

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for posting these pics. I’m surprised that there’s not more of these type pics on here. I’ve been thinking about doing 6.5’s in my front doors and 6X9’s in the back doors (crew cab) and one question I have before I do is did the cloth on the door panel start coming undone etc? I mean does it become loose once you cut into it or did you have to glue it down. I can’t really tell in the pics if the panel is upholstered or not.