65 Nova Gasser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Needs15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is another project of mine that I have been working on in the meantime while I am waiting on parts for my obs. This was my uncles car before he passed away, bought it off my aunt and gonna finish it off. Needs new quarters welded on and some floor pan work but other than that car is in decent shape. Have an 05 5.3l motor that I'm thinking of putting in it with stack injection and a muncie 4 speed adapted to it. Has a gasser front clip that my uncle had purchased but never got around to installing. Right now waiting on quarters to arrive and then will continue on with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Needs15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Love the early ChevyII"s , I have a 64 SS 283 glide and a 66 SS Zi 327 L-79 4speed car tropical turquiose .

Nice, I really like the 66 body style. I also have a 67 Chevelle ss that is in need of some major work so it's sitting in a corner right now. No money to put into at the moment.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice! My cousin had a 65 Nova 4 door, 283 and a powerglide. Didn't look like much ( he needed to get it painted), but it ran great as long as you eased into the throttle off the line. If you stomped it, it would stall out.
He got it at a garage sale in south Austin for like $150 in the late 70s.Sold it in the mid 80s, when he was making nice $$$ as a line mechanic and all his buddies were ragging on him about his old car.
I couldn't buy it, but should have. It was still going around east Austin 10 or 12 years later.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, I love the chevy II (novas) especially the 2 door hard tops.
I wanted a first gen, but when I had the money the first gens I was looking at were either major projects or complete but out my price range, so I settled on a 66 2 door sedan.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was owner #3. Watched the O/P at the end of our street drive it home when I was 12.
Never should of sold it.

1970 Nova
SS396/375HP L/78 4 speed. Factory original, number matching.
Stock other than some headers, a gear swap from 3.55 to 3.73 & a few hidden go-fast goodies.
My daily, 8 months of the year for years. 6-8 mpg. I used to spend more on gas per month than rent, just going back-n-forth to work. The Wednesday, Friday & Saturday night street racing expenses were over & above that.
Through my research I found that it was one of the most highly optioned L/78 Nova's ever produced.