64’ IHCC daily commuter tractor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Definitely not. Especially as much as it shakes and vibrates :rotflmao:

Looks like there’s spots for a flange mount, need to drill and tap some holes. Might just keep melting pipes to it until I’m ready to rebuild the engine.

You must be registered for see images attach

I am most certainly NOT a welder.

Why not just put a big pipe wrench on it, after soaking in penetrating oil a few days?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
^ yea thats what I was getting at. You can re-tap it afterwards too if you really want a better seal. NPT exhaust is pretty common on small engines...

Broken or stripped flange bolt hole... NPT it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 18” pipe wrench I used just crushed the pipe. I tried all kinds of stuff from heat to different penetrates

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 18” pipe wrench I used just crushed the pipe. I tried all kinds of stuff from heat to different penetrates
If the pipe is crushing on you anyway, you can cut it short, then take a hammer and dull chisel and hammer a line from front to back, as far as you can, making the threads fold in, on themselves. As you get a crease in the pipe, eventually, the pipe will fold in. Get it to fold in, far enough, and you can simply pull the section of pipe out by hand, or with a pair of players. You don't want to force things to much. After the pipe is removed, then you can chase the threads, with a NPT tap. Use a shop vacuum to pull out any thread cuttings as you chase the threads. If necessary, you can heat a line in the pipe, before you remove it, making it easier to fold it in, on it self.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the pipe is crushing on you anyway, you can cut it short, then take a hammer and dull chisel and hammer a line from front to back, as far as you can, making the threads fold in, on themselves. As you get a crease in the pipe, eventually, the pipe will fold in. Get it to fold in, far enough, and you can simply pull the section of pipe out by hand, or with a pair of players. You don't want to force things to much. After the pipe is removed, then you can chase the threads, with a NPT tap. Use a shop vacuum to pull out any thread cuttings as you chase the threads. If necessary, you can heat a line in the pipe, before you remove it, making it easier to fold it in, on it self.
I thought about doing it this way too but didn’t know how this pipe would react, it’s thick like Black gas pipe.