600 dollar S10 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No matter how it turns out it will look 100 percent better than what you started with. Also considering the care you are taking with prep, a Maaco job later on won't have to charge you extra to do prep. I think it is going to turn out looking good and I am following this with interest. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

LUDLOW

Reaction score
Is that white or like an eggshell color?
it is definitely more of an eggshell color, I chose rust-oleum canvas white for my project.
You must be registered for see images attach

during the weekend I got to checkout my donor motor, from what I was told it is a 78-ish 350 with 327 heads. after taking it mostly apart my friend who's helping me told me the crank would need turned, block bored, and the heads need some new springs and possibly some new valves. this is pretty unfortunate news since I was hoping it would just need some new gaskets and the accessories to get it running, but it needs quite a bit more to ensure it will not die shortly into it's new life.

so while the local performance shop gets these parts in order I can focus purely on getting the truck looking the way I want it to.

LUDLOW

Reaction score

got the front end assembled finally, can't say that I'll miss the red and green :p

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I have a 350/4l60e 2wd setup if you want it. I'll have 0 use for it, it is TBI, but it runs, and moved under its own power. I am north of you in the mitten and my price for the whole shebang would be $500 for both motor and trans. I'll only need to keep my clamshell part of my mounts and the engine harness, as I need to mate it with aspects of my LS swap.

LUDLOW

Reaction score
I have a 350/4l60e 2wd setup if you want it. I'll have 0 use for it, it is TBI, but it runs, and moved under its own power. I am north of you in the mitten and my price for the whole shebang would be $500 for both motor and trans. I'll only need to keep my clamshell part of my mounts and the engine harness, as I need to mate it with aspects of my LS swap.
I appreciate the offer but I'm already a little over $500 into the current engine I have and as far as transmissions go I would really like to maintain a 5 speed in this truck, if you know someone who has a good NV3500 I'd definitely be interested.

got some prep work done on the bed, only has a few little rust spots here and there. not bad for an ohio truck :p

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer but I'm already a little over $500 into the current engine I have and as far as transmissions go I would really like to maintain a 5 speed in this truck, if you know someone who has a good NV3500 I'd definitely be interested.

got some prep work done on the bed, only has a few little rust spots here and there. not bad for an ohio truck :p
Beware that a 400 nv3500 and an S10 nv3500 are different lengths and have different shifter locations.

LUDLOW

Reaction score
Beware that a 400 nv3500 and an S10 nv3500 are different lengths and have different shifter locations.
Thanks for the info, I did not know there was a difference.

got the bed painted and bolted in. after strongly debating wether or not to paint the inside of the bed I decided to use the plastic bed liner to cover the red.

doesn't look as good but it saves me time, money, and there's only so many nice days left in the year before it's really unpleasant to work on this outside.

she's almost done! all I have left to paint is the tailgate, but I had to drive it around a few times to remind myself how cool it will be with an additional 4 cylinders :cool: