$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
No, that should bolt right up to your truck. Just remove the leaf spring mounting bolts to the frame and swap it over as an axle along with the leaf springs: don't remove the U bolts.

Yes, the some of early GMT 400 ran the Dana 70. It may have the 4.10s so no ECU calibration will be required. Pop the cover and see if it has a locker. Does your 14b have the G80?

The only con would be replacement parts won't be literally found everywhere as the 14 bolt, but it's not like there are any parts that break often on these axles.

Have you looked into swapping a later generation 14 bolt with discs? I don't think that would be too difficult of swap. Just a thought.
I have, but this one may fall right in my lap lol, mine does have the G80

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm an Engineer at GM I have access to build sheets back to 1999, but can still get vins up back to 91 to load in other screens we use but not 100%

Awesome! An insider! LOL

@frito-bandito the C & C frame rails also run straight back from the cab. They don't have the curvature behind the cab that regular trucks have.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Finally got around to doing something to it other than driving and enjoying it.

Yesterday I finally re-installed the OE jack assembly behind the rear seat that I removed way back when I redone the interior.

Today I stole an idea from someone else on this forum that painted their lower door jams on their white crew cab. (Once I find that thread, I’ll give the member credit)

Anyways, here’s the before shot
You must be registered for see images attach

And then the finished product

If you happen to notice a slight imperfection in the finished pic, that’s because I’m an idiot and managed to stick my knee into the wet paint

In the meantime, I’m still hunting for all of the parts I need to do a dually conversion. The parts truck i mentioned earlier is a no go, he wanted more for just the rear end than I would’ve been willing to pay for the whole truck. I’ll keep looking, something will float across marketplace soon enough and I’ll pick it up.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Haha! Looks good!
I didn't do any before and after pictures, but I did paint mine when I hit all the other spots on my truck. It's the little things that make you feel better about these trucks, lol!