$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Truck

Reaction score
I have a 93 c3500 cclb with a350 tbi that we bought about 18 years ago. Great for hauling a 1,200 pound round bale of hay for my oversized pet known as a horse. Has 210k miles but wouldn't trade it for anything. Has done everything that I tasked it to without any problems

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, it’s hard to say, mine is rough in a lot of ways, but the price was right. Seeing how I have to replace my bed anyways, I’ve tossed around a few ideas on converting to a dually, a short bed dually, a short bed SRW, or just replace the long bed and be done lol.

Do you have a build thread on yours? I’d like to follow the progress.

I need to start one considering as far as ive brought mine and it would probably help me keep up with what ive done. Since this one makes my 3rd ls swap on a gmt400 ive done

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Did some cleaning and scrubbing this morning

Right rear door panel before
You must be registered for see images attach

Left rear door panel after

Right rear door panel after

Right rear door panel before/after

Since the seat frames had some surface rust, I sanded, primed and painted them before I installed the seats back in the cab.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great progress!

I personally think crew cabs duallies "need" to be long beds. They made a few duallies in these years (but not SRW in 3500?) with 6.5' bed, and to me they look kind of funny, like the proportions are wrong or something. That's just my opinion, though.

2500s CC did come with 6.5' bed. There's some of those around here, but even those look huge compared to everyone's' 1500 CC grocery shopper 5.5' bed. I've seen a C2500 CC around town with a 6.5' step side swap, and that thing looks damn awful! Never been able to take a photo when I come across it, LOL.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Great progress!

I personally think crew cabs duallies "need" to be long beds. They made a few duallies in these years (but not SRW in 3500?) with 6.5' bed, and to me they look kind of funny, like the proportions are wrong or something. That's just my opinion, though.

2500s CC did come with 6.5' bed. There's some of those around here, but even those look huge compared to everyone's' 1500 CC grocery shopper 5.5' bed. I've seen a C2500 CC around town with a 6.5' step side swap, and that thing looks damn awful! Never been able to take a photo when I come across it, LOL.

I’ve about decided that I’m gonna keep the long bed for the time being. The extra work to shorten the frame just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Removed the back seat this evening, then spent a couple of hours cleaning the floor. Of course the screws in the trim panels by the door stripped out, so I just carefully took my time and did a pretty thorough cleaning. I’m pretty happy with the end product. Tomorrow or Monday I’ll start scrubbing the seats and all of the plastics.

I think they all do that, it's because they catch all the junk that's on our shoes and whatever comes in when the door is open. I've had some luck with taking a Phillips head screwdriver and a hammer, tapping the screwdriver into the X on the head and slowly turning it. I reckon you could use stainless steel screws if they were available; have one to match. I should probably do this on the Burb, in case the aforementioned trick quits working....