$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Well since testing the transmission is a bust for now, I turned my attention to the interior.

This is how I bought the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

Just after I removed the front seat

After vacuuming the floor. I’m getting ready to pull the floor mat out this weekend for a date with my pressure washer.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
What are your plans for it?

Getting it decent looking and on the road first, then I eventually want to swap leather seats out of a Tahoe or Suburban in it and fancy up the interior some, including adding power windows / locks. I’ve been wanting a GMT400 crew cab since the 90’s, it took me til now to finally get one...and I’ve really been wanting something to tinker with lol.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
I couldn’t get a very good picture of it, but all of my windows except for the windshield are very hazy...and no matter what I do to the inside or outside makes it any better. This truck sat in the sun for a couple of years....any idea what’s going on here or how to fix it?

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Removed the back seat this evening, then spent a couple of hours cleaning the floor. Of course the screws in the trim panels by the door stripped out, so I just carefully took my time and did a pretty thorough cleaning. I’m pretty happy with the end product. Tomorrow or Monday I’ll start scrubbing the seats and all of the plastics.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good project. Ive got the same truck but a 99 and gold. Ive also wanted a cclb for YEARS except I'm making mine a dually with super singles and lowering it. But congrats on the find you started off better then I did

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Looks like a good project. Ive got the same truck but a 99 and gold. Ive also wanted a cclb for YEARS except I'm making mine a dually with super singles and lowering it. But congrats on the find you started off better then I did
Thanks man, it’s hard to say, mine is rough in a lot of ways, but the price was right. Seeing how I have to replace my bed anyways, I’ve tossed around a few ideas on converting to a dually, a short bed dually, a short bed SRW, or just replace the long bed and be done lol.

Do you have a build thread on yours? I’d like to follow the progress.

chadimus06

Reaction score
Here’s my 97 c3500. It’s come along way since I bought it a few years ago. Built it from a 2000 single cab parts truck. Replaced front clip,added the smooth bumper and guard, rebuilt top end of motor, replaced trans (which is super heavy), had to replace and rig up fuel system from the 2000. A friend built the running boards and the stainless rear bumper also is air tank.

chadimus06

Reaction score
Thanks It was an old work. When I bought it, it had been sitting in a pasture for 10 years with the rear sliding window busted out. I had to gut the inside and pressure wash it. It’s come along way from what it looked like when I got it. Keep at it tho man. I love these old trucks.