$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t “need” one...but that doesn’t mean I won’t buy one....and now I’ve been reading up on the 0411 swap lol, so guess what I want now lmao

If you are planning on keeping the motor stock I don't really think the 411 swap gains you very much. Its benefits are in if you do mods that require tuning since most people don't want to tune the black box pcms anymore.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Finally! Some more progress. I went last Monday the pick and pull to get a headlight harness. What a learning experience that turned out to be, I discovered the hard way that the 1997 headlight harness is completely different than the 98-00. I carefully disassembled the front of a 97 Tahoe only to get to the last plug, the main plug at the firewall to notice that the plug was different. So apparently I’ve had dumb luck the last few times I’ve done this and didn’t use a 97 model to take parts off of.

Luckily, 2 trucks down was a complete 98 Yukon that had the correct harness.

While I was there, and since it had to be removed to get the light harness out anyways, this transmission cooler came home with me to replace it’s damaged cousin.
You must be registered for see images attach

Headlight harness off of a 98 Yukon, also snagged a couple of extra pieces (extra side marker sockets and mirror temp sensor.)

Knocked some surface rust off of the brackets and hit the cooler with some Rustoleum Semi Gloss Black.

I did manage to get the headlight harness ran and installed today, also installed the windshield washer bottle and charcoal canister crap, and painted the power steering fluid cooler. I’ve been sick this last week, so I am completely out of energy after mowing the yard and then doing this, I’ll start installing the rest of the stuff in the morning.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Going back in with the shroud, radiator, oil lines and transmission cooler.

Starting putting coolant back in, then once I put the battery back in, I can fire it up.

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Coming together good. I cant wait to see it “finished”, i say that because no matter what we say they’re never done lol.
Ain’t that the truth, I did finally get to yard drive it again just now, every time I drive it, I’m so ready to get it on the road lol.