6 inch RC lift HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John dough

Reaction score
I installed my 6inch Rough Country lift today and the front end is lower than the rear.

Tried using rought countrys
aftermarket torsion leveling keys and it made it impossible to get alignment in spec also maxed out suspension and made upper control arm rest on bumpstop. So i put the old torsion keys back on and cranked them to just about level but still couldnt get the alignment in spec so i lowered it back down to get alignment in spec but the front is still noticeably lower..

Has anyone ran into this problem?
Is there anyway to make it level or slightly higher in the front while being able to align it? Any help appreciated

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much difference are we talking here? These trucks sat two inches lower in the front from the factory.

Easiest way to level it out would be to leave the front alone and get some 2" drop shackles for the rear leaf springs.

EDIT - Redacted, my brain isn't working right. Weird that you can't crank it to level without running into alignment issues...

Last edited:

John dough

Reaction score
How much difference are we talking here? These trucks sat two inches lower in the front from the factory.

Easiest way to level it out would be to leave the front alone and get some 2" drop shackles for the rear leaf springs.

EDIT - Redacted, my brain isn't working right. Weird that you can't crank it to level without running into alignment issues...

Fender to tire is a little more than an 1nch difference

Yeah from top of the tire to fender the difference is a little more than an inch..
Im not really sure the only thing i could think of was to lower rear as well..

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe your torsion bars in the front are worn out? Not sure if that would effect alignment at all, though...

John dough

Reaction score
Maybe your torsion bars in the front are worn out? Not sure if that would effect alignment at all, though...

If i remember right camber was negative when cranked with old keys to level it
But was maxed on room to make positive adjustment..

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Are the torsion bars installed correctly? I know they have a drop bracket with those 6" kits and if you don't index the keys correctly, it may affect your adjustment.

John dough

Reaction score
Are the torsion bars installed correctly? I know they have a drop bracket with those 6" kits and if you don't index the keys correctly, it may affect your adjustment.

Yes labeled them left to right front to back and put original torsion keys to correct side

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try rotating your torsion bars 90 degrees. I put a mark on the bottom of my bars and the crossmember before I removed mine and put them back exactly.

Something is off. Did you properly install the torsion bar crossmember into the drop brackets? Did you do the ball joint flip? Did you crank keys all the way? I’m not trying to be a tool..just wanting you to double check stuff.

John dough

Reaction score
Try rotating your torsion bars 90 degrees. I put a mark on the bottom of my bars and the crossmember before I removed mine and put them back exactly.

Something is off. Did you properly install the torsion bar crossmember into the drop brackets? Did you do the ball joint flip? Did you crank keys all the way? I’m not trying to be a tool..just wanting you to double check stuff.

What do you mean by ball joint flip?
Couldnt crank the keys all the way it would throw out alignment just did everything by the book