6.5 Diesel Exhaust on 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got tired of no good options for exhaust on my 2000 K3500 CCLB 7.4L truck. Previous owner hacked it up pretty good. Gonna use factory down pipes since they are 3" until I get long tubes...need suggestions on that too.

Diamond Eye single 4" turbo back exhaust. Going to cut off the downpipe socket and use a 3-4 merge. Brackets and hangers all look good to go. Will update tomorrow when I get it hooked up. (3" Turbo downpipe not pictured)

You must be registered for see images attach

blazen71

Reaction score
I put that kit on my 6.5 burban. Descent quality but the muffler was way too small for my liking. Ended up putting on the biggest mid duty muffler I could find. Make sure all the connections have a good fit! The connection on the 2-piece tailpipe was a little loose and I really had to crank down on the muffler clamp. Probably should have expanded the small end first to get s tighter fit.

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, got it all put on tonight. It is very loud under power but pretty decent at cruising speeds and load. The fact that it's a CCLB means the loud is way back there and I'm gonna drive it for a week or two to see if I like it or hate it.

With the merge pipe and the band clamps I did zero welding and everything is tight except for one joint. I need to redo it with an
8degree angle piece. Used a band clamp for now.

Hangers are a perfect fit on the muffler and tailpipe.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Damn that's pretty slick. How about a slightly farther away view so we can get idea of what the 4" tip looks like on the rest of the truck?

Crazydavez28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update:
Been driving this for a while and decided that even though the in cab noise wasn't bad the noise outside was rather loud. Using my old methods, I shoved 3 wraps of 4" auger flighting inside the muffler to act as baffles. Cost me zero dollars and 30min truck is much quieter inside and out.

Also, found some hookers long tubes at a swap meet for cheap so it's gonna get a touch louder soon.

Fez_Jet_Az

Reaction score
MILLION $$$$ QUESTION...!!!...?

When considering this system as a candidate for modification with the flow master y collector, is there enough room to plumb in a single high flow cat?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's a loaded question. How far forward you place the y will affect that. So will your wheelbase.

Fez_Jet_Az

Reaction score
Yes, my bad...

Truck is 1997 Suburban 2500 454.

I would place y collector as far forward as possible. This would be bolting up to a new set of Gibson headers and Gibson collector pipes. I live in Phoenix AZ and we have to perform annual emissions test on the rollers for all 2500 and larger trucks. Running here with no ability to plumb in a cat is not optional.