Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi i picked up a bottle of hy-per lube diesel coolant additive and it claims to run 10degrees cooler it’s the red bottle
Can I use this on my 6.5 diesel without causing any issues? Thought I’d get another opinion before using it… thanks

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive never heard of the stuff. Ive never used any kind of additive like that in any engine. In mine I just run the regular green stuff and haven't had a problem.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi i picked up a bottle of hy-per lube diesel coolant additive and it claims to run 10degrees cooler it’s the red bottle

The claim is "UP TO 10 degrees cooler". If the truck actually runs .0000002 degrees cooler, they've met their claim. What they're saying, is that under absolutely no circumstances will the truck run more than 10 degrees cooler.

Problem is, their own testing shows only "up to" 9 degree improvement--not 10 degrees.

Dyno Test Results

Independent Dyno tests prove that it reduces engine temperatures by up to 9°F

Can I use this on my 6.5 diesel without causing any issues? Thought I’d get another opinion before using it… thanks
Don't bother.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The claim is "UP TO 10 degrees cooler". If the truck actually runs .0000002 degrees cooler, they've met their claim. What they're saying, is that under absolutely no circumstances will the truck run more than 10 degrees cooler.

Problem is, their own testing shows only "up to" 9 degree improvement--not 10 degrees.

Don't bother.
I’ve heard lots of people using water wetter or royal purple ice and has improved there cooling so I don’t what y’all takin about lol I’ve never used the hy-per lube one though

Last edited:

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Water wetter = fight starter .. LOL Never did me any good. then some of them have a fire risk.. If you can't keep it cool something is wrong with it.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Water wetter = fight starter .. LOL Never did me any good. then some of them have a fire risk.. If you can't keep it cool something is wrong with it.
Well thermostats have a delay and as long as your not going past half which is 210f or 100celsius on Canada trucks that’s Normal when 87-90f I’ve even check with some of my local certified techs all is well and the water wetter stuff does help i call bullocks on that one that it’s a fire risk lol

ciao

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post from (will ) on TTS ... so mixture maybe?

On the water wetter for the 6.2/6.5 do NOT use the diesel water wetter. It has high nitrides and that is bad for idi diesel. Dont use water wetter with evans.

2 problems with evans- flammable so inside the cab heater is no bueno.
Letting the metal get to 230, the evans coolant can handle it hut the rings to cylinder wall clearance can not. So if you run evans- you still should keep engine temps down for this engine.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post from (will ) on TTS ... so mixture maybe?

On the water wetter for the 6.2/6.5 do NOT use the diesel water wetter. It has high nitrides and that is bad for idi diesel. Dont use water wetter with evans.

2 problems with evans- flammable so inside the cab heater is no bueno.
Letting the metal get to 230, the evans coolant can handle it hut the rings to cylinder wall clearance can not. So if you run evans- you still should keep engine temps down for this engine.
Well the water wetter actual gets lots and lots and lots of great reviews it’s not going to fix your truck that needs work but it is a nice additive to help cool during summer months

ciao

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Water Wetter is two kinds of alcohol, with Sodium Molybdate, (anti-corrosive) Polysiloxane Polymer, (silicone) and Tolyltriazole (used sometimes to de-ice aircraft. Also an anti-corrosive.)

The alcohols are the main ingredients, they lower the surface tension of the water.

First Guess: You could get the same effect by dumping a few ounces of rubbing alcohol in the radiator, as long as there's anti-freeze to act as a corrosion inhibitor.

Second Guess: If you think you need this product, you have something wrong with your cooling system. Either it's under-sized for the heat load generated, there's a failure in the cooling system like a corroded radiator, or wrong water pump pulley ratio. Perhaps the engine is generating too much heat due to poor tune--lean air/fuel mix, retarded timing, etc.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Water Wetter is two kinds of alcohol, with Sodium Molybdate, (anti-corrosive) Polysiloxane Polymer, (silicone) and Tolyltriazole (used sometimes to de-ice aircraft. Also an anti-corrosive.)

The alcohols are the main ingredients, they lower the surface tension of the water.

First Guess: You could get the same effect by dumping a few ounces of rubbing alcohol in the radiator, as long as there's anti-freeze to act as a corrosion inhibitor.

Second Guess: If you think you need this product, you have something wrong with your cooling system. Either it's under-sized for the heat load generated, there's a failure in the cooling system like a corroded radiator, or wrong water pump pulley ratio. Perhaps the engine is generating too much heat due to poor tune--lean air/fuel mix, retarded timing, etc.
No you can have a brand new diesel and still use Water wetter it does help or they wouldn’t be in business very long lol