6+3 on 33s ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also you are running different keys which i did not notice at all till now... so your suspension is ALOT harder to flex in the front which is where mine rubs. and by the looks of your rims i dont think they stick out near as much as mine. i have a sway bar on it now so idk if it will flex as far as it used to. but i can take pics of where i had to cut my front bumper and push in the fender if my word isnt enough to belive...

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why dont you just let the lift sit in your garage until you can actually afford tires/gears... i never could understand why people feel such a need to put the lift on there truck "just because" they have it, even though its gonna look like horse **** because your still running your stock rims and tires

as far as not being able to fit 33x12.5s on x10s with a bl... your doing it wrong :slap:

lets just say that due to work obligations I need the lift put on now. I don't want to do gears and tires until I decide what size of tire I want to run on the truck. That's great that you think it will look like horse **** that answers my question. What size of tire would you suggest along with gear ratio? I will do 90% daily driving and 10% trail riding I don't plan on doing any mudding or extreme offroading. I know I want a selectable locker in the rear which is a 14sf I don't know if that makes any difference on what gears I can run. Any suggestions?

As for the tires not fitting with the body lift that is not my fault it is 4wheelparts fault. Those ******** have sent me the wrong set of rims two times now. First set was to narrow for the tires I have now and the wheels I am running now have some crazy ass offset.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
i would personally go no smaller than 38s and 5.13s but if you decrank the lift waaaay down you could prolly get away with 37s and 4.88s

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was reffering to the lock to lock turning. and said i wouldnt go bigger for alot of reasons...

No you weren't, you specifically said flex a few times. Also on lock to lock, my Thornbirds do not rub, full lock and flex. Have you ever seen a Thornbird? From side lug to side lug, my 12.5's on x10's are more like 15.5's. You're doing something wrong.

and by the looks of your rims i dont think they stick out near as much as mine.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to buy proper backspaced wheels. And if your rims are sticking out further, wouldn't it be even less likely for the tires to rub the frame? Weird.

What would you suggest as a tire size? keep in mind I am not cranking the rcx lift so it will be roughly 5 inches of lift than the 3inch body.

I would still say at least 37's and 4.56's. I'm running 4.56's and will soon be running 38.5's w/ them.

for alot of on road driving and minimal trail. id do a 35 with 410s.

Yup, please stop giving advice now. 35's and 9"? Really? Hasn't this thread been about 9" needing at least 37's? And 4.10's? 37 and up tire sizes are HEAVY. You need low gears to help with the rotating mass. Here, I'll post pics of 6" and 35's, then 9" and 35's. I'm still running the 9" and 35's and it looks horrible.

OP, please listen to Cajun and the others. At least 37's and 4.56's or deeper. Don't fear the gear.

6"
You must be registered for see images attach

9"
You must be registered for see images attach

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow cool! think what you want ill stick to what works right! btw i love your upward wheel travel...i mean frame twist. im not going to get into another argument with someone that "knows everything" so 99z28monster best of luck with picking your tire size i hope you find what works best for you. as for Mudd Duk i dont really care for your bitching about everything and trying to say everything you have done is the right way and blah blah blah, im sure those ford keys cranked way up ride just terrific and i bet youll be replacing ball joints and control arm bushing very soon! and for not having a sway bar your wheels have hardly any upward travel. the truck "looks" good ill give you that but there is no way your going to put the idea of a good ride with decent suspension travel and compression into my head with that set up! i dont care what you say about this rubbing that and the other thing. i know what works for me and still rides like it should. the guy said he wanted somthing to drive 90% of the time and do some trail riding, so im pretty sure he doesnt want a total trail beater with a terrible ride! you mind as well drop the **** unless its helpful advice. calling people out over the dumbest things doesnt fly no one wants to hear people fighting about it. that is the one thing this site has not had is people fighting like nerds over a keyboard lets keep it that way!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well that is a good thing. i think you know alot about ifs wheeling and think we could all benifit from some of your tips!

Mudd Duk

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
By no means am I "acting like I know it all". Actually, you are. This is not an internet argument to be a dick. I am trying to get useful knowledge to the OP. You are pushing your ideas and beliefs on him. I've simply called you out on all the bs you keep pushing. First your truck rubs on flexing, then on lock, then its b/c your rims are actually further away from the frame. And if you would actually read the above posts, it appears that the majority agrees w/ my posts, not yours. Also, my truck rides great, thanks for asking. If you would read above, I've posted that I'm running RC (rough country, incase you don't comprehend) upper control arms. They actually relieve the stress and bad angles on ball joints caused by cranking on stock control arms. As for cv angles, mine aren't bad at all. My truck sees more highway than off road and is in fine condition. In a minute I'll post pics of ball joints and cv's not just to prove you wrong, but so that the OP can see that it is possible to have your ride look good and fuction well. It truly appears that you don't know what you are talking about and changing your statements to see fit. Again, please stop giving advice thats actually just what you've done and you believe is the only and proper way of doing them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost