6.2 ls swap

Discussion in 'LSX + Carb Swaps' started by Clutch1819, May 13, 2019.

1. Clutch1819

Clutch1819 I'm Awesome

The engine came with a 6l80. It has a tcm mounted inside the pan. It's a matched set so I should be good. I almost said that cam should have gave you more power than that lol. Then realized you said at the wheels. I'm sitting here thinking dang, its rated at like 405hp. But that's at the crank.

Anubis likes this.
  2. Anubis

Anubis Newbie

Aah, yes....I remember now that the newer transmissions have the control module inside the pan. You should be good to go. You will really like the 6.2 in your truck. Here's a link to my dyno pull. The Baker dyno is a conservative Dynojet so depending on your preference it is over 400 at the wheels. The car is definitely traction limited through 2nd gear on the BF Radial TA's. I have drag radials for it and it runs low 11's in the quarter at the track.

3. Marcos A

Marcos A Newbie

Hey I also have a 90 RCSB and I am thinking of doing an LS swap as well. I haven't decided if 5.3, 6.0 or 6.2 but can you give some more info on what parts are needed to make that swap into our trucks? I am thinking I want to get an engine out of an 03 Van as those came with the 6.0 and had DBC TB - so it would make it somewhat more easier with not having to do DBW and the electronics associated with that.

Thanks for your help - I would really appreciate it and then I can start collecting parts myself.