6.2 ls swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone done a 6.2 swap? Just got my hands on a 07 Escalade L92. Has a reman 6l80 bolted up to it. Its obviously a drive by wire setup and I have everything with it. Engine, trans, harness, e38 pcm and the pedal. As far as mounting it into my truck, (90 rcsb) I pretty much know what I need and I'm currently collecting those parts. Mainly need to know how to go about mounting the pedal. Haven't really found anything on that. Is there a way to use the 4wd trans in a 2wd without having to change the output shaft? I've read that someone done it by bolting up the extension housing from a Camaro and used a 4l80 slip yoke. The vehicle it was in had a driveshaft that has a carrier in the center. Mine does not.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd also like to build my own stand alone harness instead of buying one. I'm decent with wiring, have access to alldata for the schematics and all but have no idea where to start.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Diesel GMT400 had a dbw pedal, but I'm not surr what its compatibility is.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For DBW we have just mounted the newer pedal, cut the arm and welded it to the right position where it's comfortable and you can get 0-100% TPS.

Should be a awesome swap once your done. 6.2 and 6 speed is gonna wear some tires haha.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never done a E38 but this is suppose to work.
Just read it a few times and take your time.

http://lt1swap.com/E38 ECM Connector Pinouts.htm

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That link doesn't look right. But if you copy and paste it, it will take you there.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never done a E38 but this is suppose to work.
Just read it a few times and take your time.

http://lt1swap.com/E38 ECM Connector Pinouts.htm

Definitely what I was looking for. Thanks. Might have to throw some weight in the bed to help with tire wear lol. It'll also lighten the front end some to. 170 pounds lighter compared to a 350. May get started on the harness this weekend. Probably take me awhile for this project.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd also like to build my own stand alone harness instead of buying one. I'm decent with wiring, have access to alldata for the schematics and all but have no idea where to start.

You've got a great set up for a swap. 5 years ago I installed an 2009 6.2L with E38 and 4L80 in my G body 442. It is one of the best mods I've made to it. I added a Texas Speed VVT-1 cam kit, headers and a tune and it produced 398 hp at the wheels. It idles smooth, with good fuel mileage and plenty of power. Use LTswap.com as a pin out resource. I used a Corvette C5 pedal with mine because the truck pedal wouldn't fit. I made my own harness and added a T42 transmission controller for the 4L80E. Note that the E38 will not control the transmission on its own and you need an external control module. Hopefully you can use what came with the 6L80.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You've got a great set up for a swap. 5 years ago I installed an 2009 6.2L with E38 and 4L80 in my G body 442. It is one of the best mods I've made to it. I added a Texas Speed VVT-1 cam kit, headers and a tune and it produced 398 hp at the wheels. It idles smooth, with good fuel mileage and plenty of power. Use LTswap.com as a pin out resource. I used a Corvette C5 pedal with mine because the truck pedal wouldn't fit. I made my own harness and added a T42 transmission controller for the 4L80E. Note that the E38 will not control the transmission on its own and you need an external control module. Hopefully you can use what came with the 6L80.

I want to say it came stock with a 6L80 since it's out of a 1500. I drove a 6.2 truck and they rip.