6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Well I haven’t run across a bed worth havin yet. I’m also tired of hearing “Dude! What did you do to your truck?” So I decided to try and pull/push this big ass sent out for the time being! It came out pretty good. I’m not gonna paint on the black. Just the silver on the bottom. It has a few small waves in it. I’m just not going through the trouble and the $ to fix a rusty bed. But this will suffice for now. Should be painted tomorrow!
You must be registered for see images attach
those aren’t scratches in the middle pic just dust!

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Hey guys! Haven’t been around in a while! Been busy with work and family! Haven’t done much to my truck lately. She’s still running good! I did however find some time yesterday to go pick up my donor truck for brakes, rear end, and whatever else I can make work on mine. It’s an 02 2500hd. I plan on swapping the entire brake system, including the hydro boost. Along with the rear diff. Going from 3:73 to 4:10. Been trying to figure out if the front diff will swap. Or if the gear sets will interchange. Haven’t found a straight answer anywhere. I have the steering knuckle swap figured out. Here’s a pic of the donor. Crappy pic but it was late when I got back.
If I remember correctly, something was changed on the passenger side tube to accommodate the duramax oil pan. It might have been mounting locations or the actuator location. But the gears and carrier for sure will interchange. Since you will have to remove it to change gears. Might as well attempt to bolt it in and see if GM changed anything pertinent.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, something was changed on the passenger side tube to accommodate the duramax oil pan. It might have been mounting locations or the actuator location. But the gears and carrier for sure will interchange. Since you will have to remove it to change gears. Might as well attempt to bolt it in and see if GM changed anything pertinent.

Thanks for the info!

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol, that bed is mint compared to mine.

the driver side had a tree trunk leaned against it too abruptly (by someone who was helping me) in the wheel well area. I let someone borrow the truck & they didn't realize the true length of 21ft truck while backing up, the pass rear corner was damaged (bumper end, lower bed & tailpipe) when they backed into a car. The tip of my tailpipe is about 4in from the ground now.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Got it done a few mins ago! Looks a hell of a sight better than it did. Considering I didn’t do anything to the black it looks pretty good. Couple of small waves. I’m satisfied for now! Now on to cab lights and this brake conversion, and rear end swap!
My son approves!
Finished!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good; I need to do something about the huge crease in my bed side, one of the previous owners dropped a gooseneck or something and put a wave in the passenger side of the box.

I wish I would've kept my H2 rims now, they look amazing with the BFGs!

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great! I still need to install my fender flares I bought in March lol. They look so good on these trucks!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Well I got that one unloaded and had to go get another one! Picked up an 89 c1500. Supposed to be a good running and driving truck. One of the starter bolts is stripped out! I took a chance, as the body and interior is nice enough. If it needs an engine or tranny, so be it. My mother-in-law bought it to give to her brother. I’m donating the labor. Hope it’s a good one!