6.0 into 2000 k2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's exactly how I have mine set up! I just ordered a 07-13 shifter with the tow haul to use. Next for the interior will be the express knobs and a nbs steering wheel (changing out the spline too) just to make it a little more modern.
You got it on the Tow/Haul or as I call it Haul@$$ button because of the way I programmed it. I used a shifter from a 2004 Astro van on my 1997 Express. Shifter looks to be possibly the same as a 95+ GMT400 truck as well. Only difference is it has the Tow/Haul button. My Tow/Haul shift tables have raised shift points, delayed TCC lockup and ZERO torque management.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I live about 10 minutes from the bottling plant or whatever it is; I might be in Concord for the race, but I might be able to sneak back down to Salisbury.
Is there a way to do a group private message? If it rains I'll definitely be off and going. I'd love to meet y'all and see your trucks.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
I haven't bothered posting about this because it's an all to common problem. But I gotta rant a little bit! These aftermarket circuit boards for the taillights are absolute ****! I have been through 4 sets in less than 6 months! They were warranted up until this last case. The parts store told me there was something wrong with my truck! I told them my truck was fine! Long story short I ended up getting my money back for the original purchase. ($29.88) one of the boards actually fell apart in my hand when I took it off the light! Check out the pins where it connects to the truck!
You must be registered for see images attach
Anyway I bit the bullet and went to the dealer. The boards are a whopping $50 a piece! But my original boards lasted 17 years and Daddy's 98 still has the originals! So I figure it's worth it!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't bothered posting about this because it's an all to common problem. But I gotta rant a little bit! These aftermarket circuit boards for the taillights are absolute ****! I have been through 4 sets in less than 6 months! They were warranted up until this last case. The parts store told me there was something wrong with my truck! I told them my truck was fine! Long story short I ended up getting my money back for the original purchase. ($29.88) one of the boards actually fell apart in my hand when I took it off the light! Check out the pins where it connects to the truck!
Anyway I bit the bullet and went to the dealer. The boards are a whopping $50 a piece! But my original boards lasted 17 years and Daddy's 98 still has the originals! So I figure it's worth it!

I have never had an issue with mine, but its good to know that you can still get them, and that they are not that expensive.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I must've gotten lucky with my aftermarket tail lights then, the bases appeared to be as good as the OEM boards.
I might need to check in at the local GM stealership now, I figured most of them would have cleared out all the NOS items for anything older than 06.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
hopefully they'll last you a very long time. I'm surprised that the dealer still had them available.
According to my buddy that works at the parts counter at the local chevy dealer. These aren't discontinued. I think a lot more parts are still available. Just most of these goobers that work the counters don't wanna be bothered with ordering parts for this old of vehicle. For instance I was out of town one time in my 98 and my fuel pump went out in the motel parking lot. Not wanting a POS pump I called the local dealer. I immediately got the discontinued speech. So I call my buddy he looks it up, not discontinued. Gave me part # and I called back to the local dealer asked to speak to someone other than Jeff! Gave part # and had it the next morning! Don't get me wrong I understand most parts are discontinued for a vehicle this old. But a lot of them aren't even though we get told they are!