5.7 vortec or 5.3LS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The conclusion here is I’ve come to that decision already. Before I disappeared for a week. If you think your backhanded assumption of my personal taste in truck bodies is at all an “answer” then maybe you need to look at what relevance an answer should have to the question asked. If it were only about the engine I would have definitely got a gmt800 and restored that cause they’re in just as bad of shape here anyway. But I found the unfollow option that I need to start utilizing after I get what I’m looking for so I don’t have to see the thread after it’s run it’s course as to be sure to not give the actual child in this scenario the attention he was desperately seeking or he wouldn’t have come back declaring war cause a female made fun of him. Grow up man

That's funny. You had your mind made up long before you created this thread - you wanted to do an LS swap. Big deal, just do it. The people here will help you do it.

You only created this thread to provoke controversy, which is what you ended up with. A couple of people stroked your ego, a couple told you the truth.

Please take clear pictures and do a build thread, this way we know what we are buying when your baby mama comes out to your dads garage, asking for child support - then you flip out and put it up for sale.

Life is so unfair. :)

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's funny. You had your mind made up long before you created this thread - you wanted to do an LS swap. Big deal, just do it. The people here will help you do it.

You only created this thread to provoke controversy, which is what you ended up with. A couple of people stroked your ego, a couple told you the truth.

Please take clear pictures and do a build thread, this way we know what we are buying when your baby mama comes out to your dads garage, asking for child support - then you flip out and put it up for sale.

Whatever bud. Knowing nothing and asking for information from people with knowledge is called learning not stroking ego
You’re immaturity is on full display bringing my kids that you don’t even know that I have into your internet battle. I’m done with this crap you can keep ranting on without my presence

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We get quite a few people coming on here (it seems) to tell us that our vortec motors are junk, and LS's are the best thing ever. You will notice this too, once you have actually been a member for a couple of months. Typically they start their swap, realize that they actually have to do some work, then give up and sell us all of their parts for pennies on the dollar. We don't care, we like good deals...

I have now owned 10+ LS powered trucks, and prefer the old vortec. I will own more LS powered trucks, as I think that that motor is the next best option after an older vortec.

I am not a purist - I modify everything to make it fit my needs better.

As far as you and your girlfriend trying to scare me away - Back when forums were a big deal I was known as the unibomber. There was one guy that really pissed me off back in 2007, and he still can't get a loan today... Bring it.
New challenge: Build a oldsmobile 260 to be a good engine and you cant touch bore size or deck height. RIPPPPPPP

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I believe this is the kind of guy you were referring to … anyway I’m not looking for any beef or internet battles here man. I’ve learned a lot from these forums and asking questions as well as countless hours of YouTube videos to educate myself better. I learned a lot from all you guys, even the ones I may not get along with. Also I’ve been going through some stuff and acting a bit a fool for a while and wasn’t exactly reasonable. Also with all the advice I’ve got I’ve decided to abandon the rust bucket (kicking and screaming lol) and now I’m starting with a beautiful 97 k2500sclb platform only in need of some cleanup/couple patches and a bed for body. Been parked for years without an engine so hasn’t seen as much salt abuse/neglect that many of the local trucks here have. Problem is that period correct engines are hard to find in the local market, expensive as hell and gone before you can blink so the ls swap it has to be. It already has the 4l80e/np241 for the drivetrain and my research tells me I’m good to line right up to a 6.0 as of that year. 14 bolt 8 lug rear end and 4.10 gears according to the rpo codes and a couple other factory towing upgrades. Going to start a build thread soon starting with its delivery in the next weekend or 2 featuring parts collection and rebuilds over winter if possible to get the shop space somewhere and will be building in the spring. I’m pretty confident that I can pull it off with all the research I’ve been doing but I don’t know everything and am sure I will still run into some road blocks and end up on here begging for help with something though. I hope everyone in this thread follows. Who knows, you might even get your chance to say I told you so

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So yea guys though the platform has changed (for the better I would say) the plan/idea thanks to the advice from all of you remains the same. Hoping I can score me an lq4 with accessories/pcm and harness. I’m not sure if it’s smart financially right now but I am a dreamer so I was wondering what people think of Holley stand-alone setups? As in ecm/pcm with base tune pre programmed and harness like in terminator x max? My instincts tell me it’s a waste of money and not the learning experience I’m looking for so I’m probably going to do it the cheap and diy way for now but may decide to upgrade later. Just want to get some expert opinions on what they think of a setup like that and custom digital dash setup and some extra temp sensors tapped in