5.7 Vortec high idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may have two different coincidental issues. You'll want to troubleshoot the P1351. Do you have the service manual? If not I can send you PDF for troubleshooting this DTC later this afternoon.

I have the 4 volume set but they’re in storage right now. If you can send the pdf, that’d be great!!

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 4 volume set but they’re in storage right now. If you can send the pdf, that’d be great!!
actually, if you need it now, the 1999 manual is available in the service manual thread. one sec

see this post:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1999 Chevrolet CK-DTC P1351 Ignition Coil Control Circuit High Voltage.pdf
    280.6 KB · Views: 12

Carlosm86

Reaction score
My 98 L31 would also idle high and get random misfires throughout all the cylinders, specially #2. It never stalled out completely, but felt like it would sitting at a stop for a long period of time. I knew all the symptoms I was having was a vacuum leak, but could not find it via carb cleaner & propane. As much as I didn’t want to, I finally invested in a smoke machine and found the vacuum leaks. Gasket from the new spider wasn’t sitting right in an aftermarket (dorman) upper intake and the connector from the brake booster hose going to the top of intake. I thought it was because I went with a dorman and that the opening was shaped wrong, but once I pulled the TB and looked inside with an inspection camera I can see the gasket not sitting right in the opening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hueta